Post Number Ten Thousand and One

by OnTheWayOut 15 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I just finished 10,000 posts today. I didn't even notice. So here I start on my next 10 grand.

For a subject, I suppose I just wanted to say that this was my second year exchanging gifts at Festivus/Soltice/Christmas.
    I was a bit timid about it last year, but not this year.

The wife insisted that she not be there when we did it. I dropped her off at the nearby coffee shop when I visited non-JW family and we did the gift exchange. Then I picked the wife up and she joined us for our meal. That's pretty good progress for my wife.

We also recently were traveling by car when my cell phone rang. I briefly talked to one of my fellow JWN posters. When I hung up, the wife asked "Who was that?" I told her it was my friend XXX in New Jersey. "How do you know him?"
    I answered, "If I am ever vague with my answers, it's because I trust you but I don't want you to feel pressured if the elders ever put pressure on you to tell them things about me."
    She answered, "Well, you will just have to be assured that I would simply tell them that if they want to know anything, they should ask you directly."

Anyway, my point is that the fade is total and complete. My wife even accepts it and is caving in on her staunch JW ways bit by bit.

• cantleave
    cantleave

All those words of wisdom - never any wasted.

• dgp
    dgp

I'm sorry that all I can say is congratulations, On The Way Out. (Handshake) I think I can understand how you feel.

I hope your wife will eventually be Ms. Finally Out, too.

• Quandry
    Quandry

For a subject, I suppose I just wanted to say that this was my second year exchanging gifts at Festivus/Soltice/Christmas.
    I was a bit timid about it last year, but not this year.

Good for you!!

This was my family's third year of gung-ho celebrations....got more lights for outside, got more ornaments for the tree, and got a cute Santa sitting on a sled thingy for a decoration. We had a great time!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, and some noteworthy American icons that passed away this year would help many of us reflect.

Patrick Swayze
    Walter Cronkite
    Ted Kennedy
    Michael Jackson
    Farrah Fawcett
    Ed McMahon
    David Carradine
    Bea Arthur
    Paul Harvey
    Ricardo Montalban

There are plenty more, but those are some of the more recognizable names.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Hmm. 10001. I've been here two years longer than you and only have 330. What am I doing wrong?

• purplesofa
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If I ever left, I would probably sneak out quietly because I would be able to come back without any embarassment.

But I did want to mention how I have contemplated walking away from this forum many times and still do think of it.
    I suffer depression, it focuses almost entirely on the JW issue because I turned to God for help at my lowest point in life and was led by the JW's to believe that God wanted me to know "the truth." I consider often whether it is healthy or unhealthy to get support from this forum.

I do see a therapist regularly. She thinks that I need the outlet. I am frustrated because my wife recognizes that I am the same intelligent, loving husband I always was, but when it comes to my "spirituality" and leaving the meetings .....well, I must have let Satan get to me.

These are just the ramblings of a sleepy guy who has to stay awake for work-related reasons. I think I earned the privilege to ramble a bit in my post-10,000 thread.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Happy 10,000 my friend!

We reached the milestone just a few days apart. You got there much quicker in reality though - two years in JWN time.

I still need the therapy too - each time I 'walk away' from JWN I find myself returning within just days. I love this place I guess.

Peace and Happy New Year to you J.

Jeff

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

OTWO, you and several others here are a legend, an icon of JWN.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit