Have some went back & those who do, what's it like??

by DubR 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DubR
    DubR

I hope everyone had a great time with their loved ones last week! I wanted to know have any on this forum went back to being a Jehovah's Witness who were previously disfellowshipped, disassociated, agnostic, atheist; or just faded away? Would any of you eventually go back for family and friends? I personally dont believe in God or the Bible anymore so if I decided to go back, I don't feel I would be damned by some superpower force in the sky. My wife would be ok to fake it too. I just really miss my mom (she's in her 60s) and my dad passed away a couple of years ago. It feels like if I continue to be disfellowshipped and not have that close relationship I use to have with her and my sisters, I will be letting that organization win! After looking back at the last couple of years and looking foward into 2010 I may decide to go back and get reinstated (pisses me off saying that). I figure I will wait for the memorial and start making the meetings regularly and fake like I want those imperfect elders forgiveness and get my family back. I just dont want "them" to win and I lose precious time with my mother who is brainwashed by this org. This is the only life we have IMO. I won't go out field service and will only make meetings when my mom visits after I get reinstated. What are your thoughts and personal experiences? Thank you all in advance!

DubR

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

for me going back now would make me sick i can't live with lies no matter what the cost i would choke on my words at the door i really wanted truth thats why i was searching for anwers & was misled & i don't want to mislead others i was awitness 25 yrs pioneered for 13 of them & now i,m thru

• DubR
    DubR

Thank you Nancy. But I feel just like you, I will never wake up early and go knock on doors and lie to people ever again. If I went back I would only go to meetings when my family visited me and maybe fake record time on my field service report (like alot of pioneers I knew) lol. Im thinking coming back knowing 100% the organization is false and faking 100% without preaching and being regular at meetings. I also wouldnt want my wife to get babtized, just fake the meeting attendance with me until I am reinstated.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I think I'm good where i am and with the relationships I have - post JW's.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Every one is different. I do not think I could do it.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

after the debacle of my J/C I lasted about 3-4 months , was even meant to have a study with an elder to rectify my " doubts",some can stay in for years living the lie, not me .

• DubR
    DubR

Thank you guys for your comments. Are you guys finally able to let your brainwashed family go over the years? I think this is where my major confusion is coming from. I miss my mom soo much and I know she will continue to be a JW until the day she dies. I honestly could go without having my siblings and old friends relationship back, I just really miss my mom. I also love my new free life now. I dont know what to do.

• cantleave
    cantleave

DubR you must do what is right for you. As I have said before I have no intention of being DF'd and certainly won't DA myself, until my mum has passed away(I know that sounds harsh but I'm being honest here). I will not do FS anymore , although I willl report some time each month (to keep the Elders off my case) and will never ever, under any circumstances, give a penny to anything JW again, although I will take as much littertrash as I can. I will attend a few meetings occasionally, if there is nothing better to do. I won't play by their rules and I will make sure my kids know the truth behind the lie. How long I keep this up for I don't know.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you do go back, I strongly recommend fading again as soon as you can after reinstatement. Remember, though, the hounders are going to be watching you--if you are not making "enough" field circus or you start missing boasting sessions again, they are more likely to single you out for a hounding call than a regular person. And, they are looking for another excuse to disfellowship you again--so you will not be able to maintain relations with your parents unless you are also going to all the boasting sessions and out in field circus.

I wonder how many of their 7.3 million witlesses reported fit this category--those who are forced back into activity (and reported) just to be with family. I bet that, if you take these out, you will lose more than a million of them. Probably even closer to 2 million.

• DubR
    DubR

thank you cantleave, I can truly relate to you. My wife suggested a similiar approach by saying I could get reinstated and just fake being a JW until my mom dies. If I chose to do this, I would never donate or go door to door (or do any form of preaching) and make like 1 meeting a month lol. I miss my mom and I miss my little nephew (he is 7yrs old). Im starting to realize if I never go back and fake it, I wont even be able to see my little nephew grow up and spend the last maybe 15-20yrs with my mom. I am realizing that the Watchtower Society will win in a sense (I never loose if you know what I mean). I have always been mentally strong, smart; determined in my endevors. It still seems like a momentous task tho. Cantleave, could you maybe share your typical week to me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit