Will the Society Ever Print Another Evolution Verse Creation Book?

by frankiespeakin 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• frankiespeakin
  • exjw2814
    exjw2814

I don't mind some of their articles on Creation. And it's definetely one way you can find out more about God, by looking at his Creation, and draw closer to him......If you beleive in that sort of thing. Creation is something we can learn about God, so if the Witnesses just left it at that, that would be fine. But they always have to challenge what other people beleive. It's not right to criticize someone if they beleive in Evolution, that's their own personal beleif. Why is it always a competition with them for who's right and who's wrong ? You can only be saved through faith and beleiving in Jesus anyways. Not a human organization. They aren't suppost to fill in for Jesus and be your mediator between you can God. I 100% beleive they will print another Evolution vs Creation book somewhere along the road. The information they portray within the Organization is always repeated, so everyone gets the idea and are on the same page. "New light" will come along and they'll change their present understanding. History always repeats itself.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Great videos, bro!

• DrJohnStMark
    DrJohnStMark

if they do they will have to make many revisions now that information is so prevalent on the Internet. And with all that is known about DNA...

Like what is known about telomers in the DNA (http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/dover/day1am2.html)? I wonder how they would handle that one... well, in the old way, I guess. The only 'good' thing in the old 'Creation book' was the clear misuse of citations, which in part helped me to find out the truth about WT when I really learned to use a major public library.

The more recent WT books on evolution vs creation (and bible reliability) seem to be more like the standard Intelligent Design crap, purposedly with less specific statements, but yet such that together they constitute a lie.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Dr, JSM,

The only 'good' thing in the old 'Creation book' was the clear misuse of citations, which in part helped me to find out the truth about WT when I
    really learned to use a major public library.

Using Google now can replace the need to go to the library just type or cut and paste a sentence or a couple of sentences and lot of time you get the whole paragraph or more without leaving your home, I'm sure you already now that. Not only can you find more context from quoted phrases on the net but usually you can do a search on the author and find out if he's a nut job or not. All this spells trouble for the WT misleading use of quotes.

Plus with so many people leaving the WT that are bent on exposing them they will be putting the book on the net with supporting evidence so that when googled their expose will come up in the search engine further compounding the problems for the WT writer to misquote with impunity like they did in the past.

The more recent WT books on evolution vs creation (and bible reliability) seem to be more like the standard Intelligent Design crap, purposedly with
    less specific statements, but yet such that together they constitute a lie.

I agree their ability to deceive is getting more and more limited in this Internet information age. As the net becomes more and more a way of life especially for our young I see the WT phasing out of existence with less and less young ones and just full of old and backwards types.

• DrJohnStMark
    DrJohnStMark

FS: Using Google now can replace the need to go to the library just type or cut and paste a sentence or a couple of sentences and lot of time you get the whole paragraph or more without leaving your home, I'm sure you already now that

Yes, I just had to do it the hard way... that was before the internet age. I had to find a better library than the one I was used to go, read the books, feel the hard evidence in my hands (without consulting anything 'not recommended by' the WT soviety). Yes, all that and more is now easily accessible e.g. via the link above to Alan Feuerbacher et al.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Excellent Videos Frankiespeakin.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Dr.JSM,

I figured as much, hey any guy that would go to the library would most definately use Google I'm speaking from personal experience too as i used to be a person that went to the library before the advent of the internet, I still go once in a while but no where near as often now.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Let's just hope they DON'T print anymore anything!!

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Will the Society Ever Print Another Evolution Verse Creation Book?

Not if they know what's good for their Corporate bottom-line.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit