Will the Society Ever Print Another Evolution Verse Creation Book?

by frankiespeakin 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Yes they will, and this is why I'm so sure:

1) 'The end' ain't coming anytime soon

2) They have been recycling old books for the past 10 years. They take and old book, they slightly change the name, edit a bit, new pics, and voila!

3) They did "Great Teacher' (now is learning, not listening) 'Worship', "Youth", etc. Eventually it will be 'Creation's turn.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Cadelin,

The last attempt to treat evolution in any kind of scientific way was the special September 2006 Awake on the subject
    where they drew liberally from Jonathon Wells' "Icons of Evolution,"
    a book that has been roundly debunked by the scientific community for its ill presentation of factual information.

Very interesting and Wiki brings out that Jonathon Wells is also a Moonie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Wells_(intelligent_design_advocate)

In 1974 Wells joined the Unification Church. [12] He graduated from the church's Unification Theological Seminary in 1978 with a Masters in Religious Education. [13] Wells continued his studies at Yale University, earning a PhD in religious studies in 1986, focusing on historical reactions to Darwinism. [10] During this time he wrote extensively on Unification theology and taught at the Unification Theological Seminary. [13] Wells was on the Board of Trustees of the Unification Theological Seminary until resigning in 1997 to return to teaching. [14] He also acted as the director of the International Religious Foundation, a Unification Church affiliated organization which sponsors interdenominational conferences. [15] [16]

• JWoods
    JWoods

+++ Farkel, BTS, Cadelian...exactly. While not the first thing I noticed wrong (the Jehovah name in the NT was), this was one of the first I saw -

That old evolution book is very likely the largest collection of scientific nonsense put together in a single space ever done by the WTBTS. In particular example is the hilarious put-down of the Carbon 14 dating process as if that had anything to do with disproving evolution.

I think the admission (tacit admission) that the 7000 year "days" is wrong (by no longer saying this) shows that somebody knows this book had many misquotations, misrepresentations, and factual errors. Probably, they will now likely move toward Intellegent Creation Mystery and just say how wonderful all creation is and how it could not have happened by accident.

So, no - probably not again will they attempt a pseudo-scientific rebuttal of evolution. Just vague wonderfulness on Creation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit