Did You Know Anyone That Celebrated "Family Day" Instead of "Christmas?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My mother wanted to buy me some thing BUT NOT FOR CHRISTMAS! so I picked something out yesterday and thanked her for her "present". She went to pains explaining why it wasn't a holiday gift. I understood.

• Expanded-Mind
    Expanded-Mind

Hi!

A year or two before I disassociated, my wife said we should have a "family party" for our kids, which just happened to coincide with the Christmas season. I felt a bit uncomfortable with it, but since it "technically" wasn't Christmas I went along with it. After leaving the org I was glad we had started that tradition. Even though my wife and I separated, I was able to have a "family party" every year at Christmastime and she couldn't object. I always tried to avoid "Christmas" decorations (I slipped up one year and wrapped some gifts in Christmas paper), but would really decorate things and, instead of stockings, I had some containers that I deccorated and filled with stuff that would normally go in stockings. The kids would wake up in the morning and it would be really fun and really festive. Lot's of good memories, without having the kids feel in the middle of a struggle between their mom & dad (unfortunately there were enough other things that caused them to be in the middle... this was one less thing!).

Expanded-Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit