Interesting WT Study today...Friendship

by monkeyman 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

Blondie probably commented on this before, but I couldnt find it.............

Here's how to make friends......

The meat of this article began with the subject of when friendships should end. (Oh that sounds friendly)

How to view Friends who no longer believe some of the teachings of JW.............. (Cut them off)

JW friends who do bad things............(Counsel them)

JW friends who don't listen to your "friendly" counsel.............(rat on them to the elders who will haul them before a JC)

Well, I can't believe they really think this works in developing a loving atmosphere that fosters true friendship.

Me, I don't have too many "friends" at the KH. Now, I watch my back.

• dudeson
    dudeson

I expressed my doubts to some close friends who are 'still in' awhile back. Since then they seem to be getting more serious about the religion. I wonder if i will get ratted out?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I read through the material last week, and decided I couldn't be arsed to go today. I thought exactly the same as you, be a grass or die. There is no such thing as friendship in the borg.

• dudeson
    dudeson

I'm not sure if I really care or not. It might be good motivation to completely move on.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I can assure you, when this was read at the WT study, there was a collective rolling of the eyes. Especially among the younger ones there.

The WTS has lost an entire generation.

• dudeson
    dudeson

is there a scan of this article anywhere?

• agonus
    agonus

well, with friends like these...

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

This was one of those articles where it is really obvious what they are trying to indoctrination people to think by simply substituting the words ' the organization' every time you see the word 'Jehovah': we must cultivate friendships with people who love Jehovah (the organization); we must cut off friends who leave Jehovah (the organization) etc, etc. Sometime I wonder how those in attendance cannot, on some level, realize that that is what they are subconsciously being taught. They are not consciously thinking through the fact that someone can still love God, still be a good, moral, and loyal friend, but also leave the organization. Very sly indeed.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Under the section 'When Friendships need to end' in para 15, it bluntly asks how we should view a friend inside the congregation who decides to turn their back on Jehovah, perhaps needing to be disfellowshipped?

Then in Para 16 it states we cannot expect to remain a friend of God if we side with those who choose to be a friend of the world.

So, a person who has decided that in their good conscience they can no longer allow themself to preach untruths or attend meetings because of the many errors and rigid controling policies of the WT Org (and of course are unable to freely express why they can no longer be part of the WT Org), must then be cut off by friends, who may have had a close friendship 20 or 30 years, perhaps since childhood.

I only had to look round our 3/4 empty hall today and feel totally encouraged and inspired by the food at the proper time!!!

TE

• nugget
    nugget

Again what should have been a heartwarming article was used to spread misery. I find it sad that this emphasis on loyalty to the society is relentless. No opportunity is wasted to hammer the message home and I read fear behind those words. They are closing the fist in an attempt to prevent people exploring the internet and finding out their shameful past. The harder they try to keep people in through fear, the more will slip through.

All hail the tyranny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit