If Russell were alive I'd punch him in his god da*m face!!

by foolsparadise 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

I actually think Russell was trying to do the right thing but I believe Rutherford was evil and well deserving of some serious smacking around.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

I have to agree with RR on this. Rutherford is the one who deserves the punch in the face. If Russell were alive today, he wouldn't reconize the WT organization of today. And he would probably have been df'd by it anyway.

Not that I agree with Russell's teachings either. And some of the WT teachings are leftovers from Russell's day like Jesus being Michael, only 144,000 going to heaven and a few others, but most of the Bible Student groups are much more loving then the WT. And like RR said, they have no disfellowshipping procedure if you disagree with them. Also the majority of them celebrate Christmas and birthdays. Peace, Lilly

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

There are two containing parts to Russell's personal profile and character and his involvement with the WTS.,

one being that he started to believe the Adventist teachings of the time and certainly after when he read the books

about pyramidology this made believe even more so. The other thing is he was also a spokesman

for his own literature, published of course be means of the publishing company of which he was major shareholder of .

So is it really so surprising that he may embellished the stories a little which he presented at his public talks.

He was a professional salesman by trade after all and you can best believe he wasn't going to lose his entire investment,

that he and his father put into Tower Publishing.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Actually Slip, Rutherford DID die of rectal cancer, at least that is what is on his death certificate.

@RR: Hence the wink.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I agree with the original post. Just like this.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Actually, this is much much better. Watch all the way to the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwKpzKZOpe4

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I don't have the numbers anymore, but after the Bethel schism of 1917 when Rutherford kicked out the Russell appointed board of directors and assumed power, the numbers of the WTBTS dropped in half.

It took until the early 20's to recover. By then, all remnants of Russell were about gone. As A H Macmillan reported in Faith on the March, Rutherford was determined to get rid of "creature worship" that was in his view, directed at the memory of Russell.

As we all know, Rutherford just saw that as an impediment to his power. Rutherford ruled with an iron fist. He was as likeable as Kim Jong-il and didn't need to compete against a memory, or those who liked the memory better.

It is just simply amazing to me how transparent and naked Rutherford was in his aims. No need to read into anything. The guy was a powerhungry D-bag.

Russells greatest fault was that he believed his own bullshit. Rutherfords greatest fault was that he was evil and coniving.

PS Edit. Oops, hit submit early... The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard is, the modern JW's are Rutherfords invention, and he should have the shit beat out of him like an empty pinata.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Ok! I changed my mind I will join the cue to just spit on Russell, & join the cue to kick the shit out of Rutherford.

How many lives can 1 guy f..k up, & he's dead. (Hitler did the same, but only when he was alive)

Finallysomepride

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think that Chuck had good intentions, he believed that there was soemhting wrong with his chosen religion and sought to correct it via personal study and exploration, not a bad way to go at all.

The original bible students where just that, students of the bible, much like many here.

Just that somewhere along the way, the message got lost and a personal discovery "mission" became a religion and all that comes with it.

Rutherford took it to the next logical level, an organized religion with a purpose and then Knorr and Franz finished it off creating a "isolationst zealot religion".

While Chuck may have had the best on intentions ( arguably), I don;t think there is much doubt that it was NOT the case with those that came after.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I found this topic that I started a few years ago on Russell.

Should Charles Russell be credited as the founder of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit