If Russell were alive I'd punch him in his god da*m face!!

by foolsparadise 29 Replies latest jw friends

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

For creating such a stupid unloving hateful religeon. Id do the same thing to Rutheford but three times as bad!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I can tell you must be in a lot of pain from this post. I'm sorry, but I just can't stop laughing...not about your pain but the mental picture I can't get out of my head. And now I'm thinking of captions for these pictures...like..."Russell takes a Round About" and "Boozerford gets Bitch Slapped".

Geez, I'm tired and need to go to bed! I hope things are better for you in the morning, dear heart. I know the pain that this cult causes. Good luck and God speed!

• Gregor
    Gregor

My impression of Russell is of an odd duck who got caught up in the adventist BS and started publishing his little tracts. Rutherford came along and turned it into a publishing business/religion. I think Russell was a kook. The beard was total theatre. Now that I think about it, I think a punch in the goddamn face would have been appropriate, and when he was wiping up the blood and snot I would point my finger and say "you need to get an honest job you piece of crap"

Rutherford should have been beaten to death with a baseball bat.

• Farkel
    Farkel

It is debatable whether JFR or FW Franz were the most evil of Watchtower leaders. I can make arguments on either side. Russell was a lightweight compared with those two guys.

Rutherford consolidated the control of the Companies/Congregations. Franz consolidated control of their MINDS and reasoning abilities and personal choices.

Farkel

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    My impression of Russell is of an odd duck who got caught up in the adventist BS and started publishing his little tracts. Rutherford came along and turned it into a publishing business/religion. I think Russell was a kook. The beard was total theatre. Now that I think about it, I think a punch in the goddamn face would have been appropriate, and when he was wiping up the blood and snot I would point my finger and say "you need to get an honest job you piece of crap"
    Rutherford should have been beaten to death with a baseball bat.

Oh, Jesus, Gregor, you're killing me! I'm going to bed, and I mean it this time. It would be easier if you'd stop posting funny stuff like this!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I think, even for all his weird ideas, Russell would be horified at what Rutherford did to his little family of 'companies' and his Magazine.

oz

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

foolsparadise

Take a number, pull up a chair, crack open a beer & take ya turn.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

Russell seemed ok TBH, he didn't seem to tell others what to do or impose his beliefs, he was probably in it for the money but I also think he probably believed all the stuff he taught. As others have said it was Rutherford and Franz that turned the religion into the high control cult that it is today.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Don't forget Nathan Knorr. He turned Rutherford's religious literature sales company, into an organised, corporate religion.

Under Knorr, the blood transfusion ban came in as did disfellowshipping. I think Knorr is highly culpable for the watchtower talmud.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

What Russell may have started innocently enough was corporatized by Rutherford.

I think both of these characters are figureheads and that there is something deeper and much more sinister behind all of this.

These two are the scapegoats for who and what is really at the heart of this cult.

I think it's an evil so vile that no man can look on it and live. (That's what always happens when you get too close to the truth or know too much.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit