Nearly 100 years of Devil's "short period of time" (Rev 12:12) - Ridiculous!

by yadda yadda 2 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• civicsi00
    civicsi00
    Aussie Oz said: The best part is here:

We have long felt that the parable depicted Jesus’ sitting down as King in 1914 and since then making judgments—everlasting life for people proving to be like sheep, permanent death for the goats. But a reconsideration of the parable points to an adjusted understanding of its timing and what it illustrates. This refinement reinforces the importance of our preaching work and the significance of people’s response. To see the basis for this deeper understanding of the parable, let us consider what the Bible shows about Jehovah and Jesus, both as Kings and as Judges.

That's the best part. They used to teach that since 1923, the preaching work was to separate the sheep/goats (this was even considered direct "light" from Jehovah). Yet in 1995 they dismiss this teaching but still hold onto how this "refinement reinforces the importance of our preaching work". Huh? The preaching work was important because it separated people into sheep/goats. So how does this refinement show the importance if it has nothing to do with it now?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Not forgetting that a few weeks ago they had a Watchtower study article repeating their teaching that the separation of the wheat from the weeds has been going on since 1914/18.

The separation of sheep from the goats is a future event, but the harvesting of the wheat from the weeds has been going on since 1914/18. Jesus became King in 1914 but doesn't sit on his "judgment" throne until the future, etc ,etc. They were right to declare that some of these things are future events but leaving a bunch of it back in 1914-18 just accentuated the stupidity of it all. It's like redecorating an old, tired house...once you start to paint a couple of rooms the other rooms look even worse. Clearly they only did half a job in 1995.

Their interpretations on these things are an absolute shambles, riddled with inconsistencies and embarrassing contradictions which the "new light" October and November 1995 articles only made worse. What an embarrassing mess they have got themselves into, not that 95% of JW's even notice or care.

• cantleave
    cantleave

If I voted for a someone and they didn't achieve anything in the first year of their inaugaration I would be severely dissapointed. Surely the son the the all powerful one should have achieved something more tangible than orchestrating a regime of annoying people on a saturday morning in the last 95 years?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

btt

Would anyone like to offer any thoughts on my interpretation of "short period of time" as being the same as the "time and times and half a time" or the "42 months" in Revelation 12 & 13?

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

And Devils is NOT the only one with short of period time...

1. The fall of Babylon the Great: Supposed to started in 1919 after they set free Booze Jo from prison We have again 91 years of FALL..Well that's a LONG time. I mean it is keep falling for 100 years and yet NEVER reaches the bottom. If it was falling from Orion costellation it would have hit the bottom!!! Plus communism is over in Europe and all the people of those ex-communist countries turned back to their orignal Christian Faith the Orthodox Church. So it happens exactly the opposite WT's predictions that people would leave their Churches. In fact this prediction it takes place WITHIN WT!!!

2. UNITED NATIONS: According to WT crap theology the succesor of the Leaque Of the Nations, WOULD be back and STAY for a short period of time, until it will vanished to Hades. So L.O.N. was from 1919 until 1939. It lasted ONLY 20 YEARS. But U.N from 1945- it has a life span of 70 years, and going strong!!! Almost 4 TIMES MORE from L.O.N. So not only it lasted 4 times more from the L.O.N. even the so called short period has gone down the drain. 70 years is LONG TIME.

I guess the old fools in Brooklyn they have to do A LOT of changes due to their recent failures and current world wide events.

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

What I never got is are we IN the 1000 year reign or not. I mean Jesus sat down as king in 1914..so there for he is REIGNING.. so were in his 1000 year reign? So everyone who keeps talking about the 1000 years of paradise is wrong they only got 900 years not to get there act together. HMM If Jesus is sitting on his throne, like they say in 1914..and the big A isn't here yet..and were not in paradise yet. And he isn't judgeing or sort persons out yet? Just exactly what is he doing? They don't seem to know... I think that in itself is a HUGE loop hole. If only these people could REASON on what there told. I don't see how they can't see little sence it makes.

• DrJohnStMark
    DrJohnStMark

Yes, the Devil has been with us. That's why our life has been getting so much better during the last 100 years of so. As he promised in Eden.

Maybe JW's shoud take over and say the convenience of modern life and technology is due to Christ's reign since 1914... like Russell said about 1874.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

:Nearly 100 years of Devil's "short period of time"

Not as ridiculous as the nearly 100 years of Jesus "reigning as King" since 1914. For a King who has been "reigning" for nearly 100 years, he has been most inconspicuous.

Maybe he is getting caught up on a lot of "paperwork." I don't know.

Some "reign."

Farkel

Now why didn't I think of this? Right, if Christ arrived in 1914 he's been ruling for a long time for the Bible to describe a "short while" for Satan to be let loose.

Now we need to be specific here! When Christ first returns and Satan is kicked out of heaven at the same time, that begins Christ's reign in heaven, but not on the earth. During Satan's "short time" Christ is ruling among his enemies. This does not being the millennium which is a separate 1000-year period.

But the question is whether the Bible is true or not?

So far everything in the Bible has come true. The secular chronology for the Neo-Babylonian and Persian Periods was revised by the Persians so the fall of Babylon in 539 BCE is actually an inflated date. Babylon actually fell in 462 BCE. At any rate the correct year for the fall is 529 BCE. Using that date, we are looking at aspects of a "short time" therefore, from 1992 to present.

How long is a short while? Well apparently it is still considered short now approaching 18 years. Are things delayed or unfulfilled?

NO. We know from Habakuk that the plan was to wait to the last possible minute, "It may be delayed but it will not be LATE."

With that in mind, a generation of 40 years seems too long. 20 years is half that time. I think that 20 years could be symbolic of a "short while". We have not yet reached 2o years past the true date of the second coming on December 25, 1992.

However, the sealing of the elect (1,440,000) was completed only recently in May 2008. That leaves the only events leading to Armageddon being the destruction of BTG by the UN (the end of the Federal Reserve). The Federal Reserve is a primary part of BTG. After that, the UN takes over world government, the nations give up their sovereignty and it is allowed to remain alive 15 months, but those could be cut short. Then at that point, when the nations are gathered together against Christ, Armageddon occurs.

No Habakuk did say it would not be "late" so there must be a specified time. Already even thinking of 1992 we think it might be "delaying." But if Jehovah is going to coordinate December 21, 2012 as the Mayan calendar notes, then there is still a little time. Maybe he wants to cut it really close.

LET'S SPECULATE ABOUT 12/21/2012. Let's say Armageddon itself and the clean-up and set-up of the new kingdom under Christ takes say 4 to 6 months? Let's say 5. Counting back from December 2012. That takes us back to August 2012 for Armageddon to begin. If the UN gets a full 15 months of rule as the Bible says then that pushes us back to May 2011.

So with this scenario, we still have about a year and 4 months if it was going to be down to the wire. The thing is, God is patient, not slow. So if it is possible one more person will turn righteous on the last possible day, it is worth waiting. If that person were YOU, wouldn't you appreciate being saved?

So we already know from the Bible the general idea is that most will think it is "delaying." 17 years seems already a long time compared to a "short while", but I think 20 years, half a generation is still a reasonable symbolic "short while."

In the meantime, we have little reason to doubt because the UN is here ready to take over. They are already calling for auditing of the Fed or ending the Fed, which will obviously take global UN support. The US has absolutely no ability to end the Fed, only to have them stop printing their money. But if the whole world refused to bank with them and set up their own national banks, they could destroy it. If after auditing they find some other issues, like manipulating terrorism in the world to keep wars going, then all their funds will be considered contraband and the UN will take it.

So we shall see. It would seem providential that the millennium officially begins on December 21, 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SH_PMyIAhI

Now, Harold Camping is foccussed on May 21, 2011. That's kind of scary!! I mean, why May 21? Plus that is exactly a year and 7 months from December 21, 2012. But the UN is supposed to still be ruling for another 3 months into that 7 months. That basically means there would only be 4 months for 1/3 of the world population to die and for the birds to eat their flesh off the bones. 4 months could be enough time.

I was also thinking there might need to be some time to officially set up the millennium administration, but knowing the JIOR that has likely been in the planning stages and it will take a minimum of time. The buildings have already been built in a great location on the beach in Hawaii.

http://www.hokua.net/building.php

Makes sense. The administration will be a place for lots of seminars, lunches and meetings and Hawaii is a great place for that with tons of condominums and hotels. Remember, the final kingship is through the line of Joseph and I suppose that includes Polynesia and Hawaiians.

This is what Jesus had in mind when he told the "evildoer" beside him, "Truly I tell you today, You will be with me in paradise." He could see into the future and see that this evildoer might be serving next to Jesus in some capacity at the headquarters. Remember, once his legal issues were resolved, under other circumstances, he likely would have been a convert and gotten baptized like everybody else. So this was just as official induction.

LS

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Larsinger..

You forgot Pancakes!

Your whole theory is useless..

Without Pancakes!..

Did you know Harold Camping liked to stuff Pancakes,into his Underware?

........................ ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit