James Cameron MAJOR A-HOLE!!!!! - director of AVATAR

by What-A-Coincidence 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

WAC, yep I do know of his rude behavior. (What does "as with other things" imply? That's a strange statement. How does this apply to this topic?) Certainly this fan should have as well. Honestly though, what obligation does he have to give his personal time to a consumer? If he were feeling generous it would have been appreciated. That's all it would have been is generous, not required. If you have some million people seeing his films it is unreasonable to expect he will give them all an autograph simply because they paid to see his movie. I paid and saw it. I don't expect an autograph because I paid. If I ran into him I would respect his privacy and NOT ask for an autograph. I think the whole autograph thing is an invasion. If a star deems to grant one, then they are generous, not required. (I do know "a couple of other things.") W.Once

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

wasan... i see where you're coming from but this is not about an autograph ... it's about cameron's way of handling the situation ... a person of his 'stature' should not react that way ... Imagine the pres. doing that? his ratings would drop ... in essense both are douches ... cameron has MORE to lose by being a douche ... it's blowback

re: 'other things' oh nuttn

i'll still see THE movie though

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Cameron is a conceited Dick I think we'll agree. I saw the movie strictly due to the 3D and for no other reason. The story was trite, the acting was a walkthrough and, honestly, I didn't think the 3D was all it was said to be. The one thing I think I did find interesting was how the cg characters did in fact take on a believeable face. Not so much their bodies, but their faces were phenominal in closeup and expression. Yes, the 3D was fun. I honestly felt like I was IN a video game and not so much at a movie. I would rate it a B-. Once is enough for me to see it. Truthfully, this film wouldn't move me to ask for anyone's autograph. I would love to have a drink with Sigourney. Happy year end holiday tradition celebration. (Old habits). W.Once

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

The guy was an asshole because he didn't understand no means no. Granted Cameron may have been less than polite but who knows what else is going on for him at that moment. There are times when people in the film industry are HUMAN and will react as humans do. Not to mention the signature on that poster would make it sellable, if the guy wanted a personal autograph and it wasn't such a set up he might have gotten it. Just because you work in film and are successful at it doesn't entitle the public to intrude into your personal space any more than it should allow witnesses to harass people in the same situation to talk about the Watchtower.

The fans don't make someone successful, the QUALITY of the work CREATES fans who get absolutely everything they are entitled to when they walk out of a theatre happy, and get a bonus if it was good enough to see over and over again. It's flattering to get the attention from the public, but it can become very tiresome as an individual when the public treats you as if they are entitled to more no matter how you feel about it.

I only work behind the scenes and very rarely in front of the camera so I don't even get a real taste of it except for when I'm out with the crew or an actor/actress. I've seen what they have to deal with and you can't really understand what may have happened until you are in the situation.

Every job is easy to the people who aren't doing it.

WLG

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    no sirnose u go play in the freeway and turn ur helmet around. It's not what is said but HOW it's said.

And who says Cameron has to be a nice guy all the time? I know he's under more pressure than we would know about. I figure most public figures in Hollywood are colossal a-holes because it's a cutthroat industry and you have to bust some heads to rise to the top.

• Satanus
    Satanus

There's a lot of bigger a-holes than james cameron, on the silver screen, and behind the scenes.

S

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

This is so elementary but i forget who i'm dealing with ... Cameron reaction = douche. How many times has this douche been married? How many in Hollywood hate this guy? Case closed. Autograph guy has NOTHING to do with it. Ones reaction to external circumstances only bring out who YOU really are. This is James personality. Why u defend obvious flaws in his caracter. He is a douche. Did i say he was a douche?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Two guys having a bad day - it happens.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Yeah blah blah blah...just admit you loved seeing that guy embarrass and humiliate the mega-rich arrogant Director. Oh poor James Cameron...worth 100's of millions...and the other guy was such as asshole for asking for an autograph...WHATEVER.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

And so spins the life of celebrity....I don't blame the guy asking for a signature if that's his thing, but he should expect to be the brunt of anyone's ire at any time for invading their space.....some of these guys do this sort of thing just to rile up the actors and then get the altercation put into print..I don't blame Cameron for his reaction because nobody knows what transpired before or after in his life but he can also expect to have people intruding on him because he's a public figure.

As for Avatar....my entire family went the other day - from my 80 year old dad right down to my 18 year old niece and we ALL loved it! Critics say the story line has no substance but you know - there are times you don't need a lot of depth in favor of enjoyment. The movie is beautiful, the colours are amazing and the seamless move between animation and human is wonderful. I would see it again. sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit