I overheard a nauseating conversation . . .

by 144001 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

see the thing is WORLDLY parents ALSO buy there kids presents all year round. THey make it sound like the only time kids get ANYTHING at all is on christmas and there birthday! REALLY??? I honestly hardly got anything, sides toys when I was really young. After I was old enough for an allowance I had to use that to buy my own toys. And even then I couldn't buy what I wanted. No water pistols...though once I had a water pistol shaped like a Banana..which I find kinda hysterical when I think about the subtext of that and all. I knew and elders family who had a "big present day" it was on the day before the kids went back to school from christmas vacation. Yup big difference!!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    "We celebrate Christ's birth every day of the year, not just on Christmas!"

No, they don't celebrate Christ's birth on any day of the year. Nor do the celebrate the resurrection. They celebrate only their "Memorial", nothing else. This is what lies behind the cheerful facade they show to prospective converts. The Witness religion is so depressing!

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

"Look what I got Tommy, it was present day at out house today. We don't need no silly ol' Christmas, we get gifts all year long. Anyway...today I got a new Bookbag and a new "Your yute, getting the best out of it" book. I also got a new water bottle for those hot summer days out in field service, you know, the days when it get's to be 105 degrees out. Ya, this will come in handy on those types of days. It should reduce my chances of getting a heat stroke...well, that's what Mom says anyway. "

"Well Tommy I gotta go now, I need to shovel the neighbors snow off the driveway for five bucks. I use the money to help Dad pay for groceries since He and Mom have been pioneerig so much lately."

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Witlesses dont even "celebrate" the Memorial.

It is a Reject Jesusfest, where the invited guests are told they can only look at the sandwiches desserts and drinks on offer whilst the host waves everything in front of their faces, before he puts it in his fat selfish mouth.

HB

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hamster said:

Witlesses dont even "celebrate" the Memorial.

It is a Reject Jesusfest

Touche'! So very TRUE!!!

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

what the heck, my picture disappeared. I was trying to say that you have bigger than I could ever dream of having. Well, besides the fact that I'm a girl

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

We used to do a thing called "Present Day" right around the end of December, often very close to the 25th

hey at least you tried for some normality. - I did the same with my kids. they have enough without being poked fun at in school for getting nothing in the xmas hols x

• designs
    designs

If you had the means to do things Witnesses use to do a lot on the Holidays- Magic Mountain on Thanksgiving and Skiing on Christmas and New Year's. Night skiing on New Year's Eve was really fun, it'd be so cold and icy you'd get sparks off of your rails.

The trick for gifts was not having to have it brand spanking new, we got the kids surfboards and bmx bikes and snowboards at bargain prices. The wife was and still is the queen of bargin shopping. My last surfboard, hand autographed 9'6" tri-fin $20.00. Merry X something!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit