I overheard a nauseating conversation . . .

by 144001 37 Replies latest jw friends

I was in the produce section of a local market, when I happened to overhear the following comment: "We celebrate Christ's birth every day of the year, not just on Christmas!" I turned and knew the nature of the source of the comment immediately, judging by the polyester pantsuit and delusional "deer in headlights" look on her face. Her companion replied, "but I like celebrating Christmas and don't see anything wrong with it." I then heard, "it's a pagan holiday."

I couldn't resist.

The next thing that was said was, "do you realize how despicable it is to condemn a holiday that is celebrated via the gathering of families together for family get togethers? You people are too cheap to celebrate anything, except the financial success of the cult that enslaves your mind." She responded, "you and Satan can enjoy your holidays together," as she hurried and left.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Years!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

"Celebrate Christ's birth every day of the year?" What in the world is that dub talking about?

• moshe
    moshe

I have seen JW's embarrassed in public before and they duck and run just like that. Good comment! Being shamed in a public place is the medicine JW's need for their haughty attitude.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    "you and Satan can enjoy your holidays together," as she hurried and left.

Oh good lord... there is no way she can realize how great a parady she is.

Church Lady!  Could it be... SATAN??!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"We celebrate Christ's birth every day of the year, not just on Christmas!"

Liar..

............. ...OUTLAW

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

How could she say "you and Satan!" Really, she needs to get a mirror. She was hardly acting Christlike!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

That story brings tears to my eyes

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I wonder if she will give her experience at one of this year's assembly's?

• Lieu
    Lieu

Were there any smurfs nearby?

• nugget
    nugget

What a great post. I wish I had been there. I'm glad someone was. It shows the right message is getting out there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit