I just feel like crying... I'm so fed up of the hypocrisy!

by cattails 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Ii get the same point cattails (As noted it is Mathew 25 ) ..When I was a dub, I just accepted what they said, like everybody else. ..Now that I am more open minded the family point to me and say, "You really think that you know more than the Governing Body ?"

Yesterday's study needled me in many points. The title "You Are My Friends" - it said that Christ would only be friendly toward us if we are doing what the WTS say....So they are making up J Christ's mind for him now? and telling him who to be friends with????

Para 17, was an unashamed appeal for MONEY !

"....by using our material assets to further kingdom interests we prove our friendship and love, not just in word but in deed and truth..........when we donate money toward the maintenance and construction of of our meeting facilities and when we contribute funds toward the worldwide preaching work"

What ever happened to CTR's proud statement that they would never appeal for funds because God in Heaven was their backer??

Oh and para 18 said that we are friends of Christ only if we obey the elders!

Overall this was an article to foster the aspirations of those already acting as sheep, in the fold of the WTS, trusting, docile and ready to be fleeced....

I have attended for some years now as an unbeliever.. I am more used to it, but it can still get me mad

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

BB, I heard that same bleat "You really think that you know more than the Governing Body?"...

My reply was, "I have no idea what they know. I've only met Jaras, and that for 5 minutes where he down-dressed a circuit overseer for not reading the instructions on his part more carefully. The love shown there was like a drill seargeant in the army. Moreover, none of us know who write any of these articles - certainly they are no longer written by any GB member. Aren't we supposed to be like the Bereans, "carefully examining these things" or is that only valid while you're a study and after that you just say and believe whatever you're told to say and believe no matter what your mind and heart tells you from scripture?!!"

Then people would just walk away.

My wife was the same way, and it's no wonder we stopped going to the hall. NO ONE cared what the scriptures said. JW's are no better than hard-core Catholics and the WTBS is their pope.

• Quandry
    Quandry

garyneal, you said:

Hey, how did I get THAT avatar?

You do seem to have two long teeth coming out on the sides, or were you eating spaggetti?

• undercover
    undercover
    I can't stand it any longer! I really can't. But if I voice anything like this I'm out on my rear, and with only a part-time job for the foreseeable future I just don't know how to go on. I really don't. I feel like a hypocrite just being there and can't say anything. I just feel like crying.

It's tough, it really is. This shows what a cult it is. I don't know your set of circumstances, but while you're working to make your escape don't forget an important tool that the WTS invented; Theocratic Strategy. They came up with this BS to protect themselves without realizing that it can work two ways. You know the truth behind the "truth" but you can't get out just yet.

This doesn't make you a hypocrite...this makes you a captive. So think like one and act like one. Stay on your toes, always look for the escape. Lull your captors into a false sense of security. Lie to them, decieve them, do what ever to increase your chances of surviving the captivity. Then when the time is right, you can escape and be free and your true self.

In the meantime, many here have gone through what you're going through and can offer encouragement and advice or just support. Good luck...

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Para 17, was an unashamed appeal for MONEY !

"....by using our material assets to further kingdom interests we prove our friendship and love, not just in word but in deed and truth..........when we donate money toward the maintenance and construction of of our meeting facilities and when we contribute funds toward the worldwide preaching work"

Blues - I thought the same thing.

I was going to start a thread on this WT study since I went with my wife yesterday, and i was ready to go ballistic.

I was in a bad mood the rest of the day, but I didnt tell my wife why!

The totally take the Christianity out of being a Christian......I am so sick of it.

I just read an article about a gentleman who gave out millions of dollars to people anonymously - he was known as "Secret Santa". He would walk up to someone who looked like they needed a boost and give them money. He touched thousands of lives and would not allow his identity to be made known until it was evident it would come out in the media. Even then, he had terminal cancer and still sounded like nothing was wrong.......now that is the spirit of Christianity and kindness I admire.

Article Review:

How can we be friends with Jesus?

1) Obey the Faithful and Discreet Slave in everything

2) Give the WTBS your money

3) Obey the congregation elders

Every FREAKING article lately is the same thing - even hard core JW's must be tired of it.

It should have said - "your funds help assist us when we pay out tens of millions of dollars to the victims of pedophilia that we let run rampant in our congregations"

Blindly obey the F&D Slave since they are never wrong.

Obey the congregation elders, even though most of them are clueless, self-righteous, pompous A$$-Holes!!

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

Cattails,

I feel the same way you do. At least try to find console in knowing that there are many who feel the same way you do. I had to stop studying the publications in order to keep some sanity. The less you pay attention to the WT’s crap, the easier it’s to get it out of your head and move on.

I’m so disgusted at the way that the GB keeps talking about their “authority” in almost all of the WT study articles; their rhetoric has become bolder and bolder because the mindless R&F are not questioning (or thinking about why) the constant call for submission from the GB. Keep in mind that the “elders” are the GB’s rule enforcers, so their inclusion of the elders in their call for submission is done in the same way that you throw a bone to a hungry dog…they should be ashamed of their hypocrisy and manipulation.

Undercover,

I liked your comment, that those of us who are still in are not hypocrites but captives. I also liked the on you posted on another thread were you said that we should move and shot like snipers.

For those of us held captives in the tower, here is a good quote to keep in our minds.

“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.”

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• pat1060
    pat1060

I feel the same way.It seems more and more the study articles are focusing on being in submission to the "slave".I'm also not studying any more,won't be long before I'm all the way out,but in the meantime my mind is free.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I wish I had something more comforting to say, other than You're right.

But I was just wondering. If it had been me...how cool it might have been to throw up right there in the Hall.

Maybe I wouldn't have to go to meetings any more...

I'm sorry, I don't mean to trivialize this...but just think - they say something evil from the platform, and a few of the audience just spontaneously upchucks.

What better way to say, You disgust me, you lying perverters of truth!

• flipper
    flipper

CATTAILS - I'm so sorry you are having to sit through this WT marketing self promoting mind control drivel. I think Ziddina and a couple others had good suggestions. So I'll repeat it for emphasis. Do you have non-JW relatives who you could turn to for support and relief ? Are your dad and mom still together ? Do you have a nonwitness dad ? My 18 year old son got put out on his a$$ in 2003 by his fanatic JW mom because he refused to attend meetings anymore. So I willingly took him into my home of course since his mom and I had been split for 5 years.

What you need right now is unconditional love and caring from close non witness friends or non witness family. If you'd like to talk on the phone sometime. I'll PM you my wife and my phone number, O.K. ? Please feel free to call. Hang in there kiddo. We all care here . Help is available Check your PM's.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I thought I was getting pretty good at zoning out at the meetings but paragraphs 15-18 in yesterday's WTS really burned me up as well. I read Matt 24 & 25 all the way through to get the context of Jesus discussion with his disciples. There is no way that in a straight reading, you could come up with the WTS explaination of how the separation of the sheep & goats depends on how people receive Jesus "brothers" aka the Governing Body.

Even the passage regarding the sheep & goats was very clear. It said that all the people of earth were gathered, Jesus put some on his right and some on his left. To the folks on the right, he said that because they were kind to the least of these (subject of the sentence is all the people of the earth), then you'll be saved. He even said that all those folks on his right were his brothers.

To the folks on the left, he said because they weren't kind to the least of these (again, subject of the sentence is all the people of the earth), then you'll be destroyed. He didn't call them his brothers.

The WTS assertion that Jesus was referring to his brothers as the folks you were supposed to be kind to is ridiculous. It doesn't fit into the context of the passage or really make any sense at all. It also doesn't fit into the whole message of Jesus which was to be good to your fellow man.

Like others have said, when a believing JW I never batted an eye at any of these crazy interpretations but now that I sit there after having seeing the man behind the curtain, I can clearly see how they try to twist everything in the Bible to being about themselves.

God forbid they ever encourage any kind of community service (other than bothering people and attempting to "place" literature). If there is a God and a judgement day, I'm thinking the WTS will end up being on the left hand side of this senario.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit