I just feel like crying... I'm so fed up of the hypocrisy!

by cattails 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

HappyGuy..

So what was the "right" kind of Bible then?

The "WBT$ NWT" is the WBT$ Approved Bible..

Any other WBT$ Bible,is meant to fill shelf space..

In your personal,WBT$ Approved Library..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Honey i feel for you.

The last few meetings I attended were just brutal, it brought out an anger in me that I did not know existed.

That type of stress is not good for you, is there ANY way you can get out of it?

• PEC
    PEC

cattails,

Do you have any friends outside the cult? If not, check out Craig's list, many people are renting out rooms, it is a renters market. In my neighborhood there were 152 ads for rooms between 12/14 and 12/17. That reminds me, I need to repost my ad.

Philip

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Cat, actually that was Mt. 25, but in any case, you're right.

What would be interesting is to see if anyone would be willing to see that the footnote a. on Mt. 25:21 in the NWT points to a parallel passage that clarifies the timeframe for this judgment.

Mt. 25:21 reads "When the son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne"

(when is that?)

The parallel at Mt. 19:28 "...In the recreation, when the Son of man sits down upon his glorious throne..."

What's the "recreation"?

2 Peter 3:11 reads "...there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting accoring to his promise."

When are things recreated and people judged in the sense of these scriptures?

Rev. 20:12 reads "...But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds.

The context clearly places Mt. 25:31-45 in a POST Armageddon location.

This and the fact that at Mt 10:42 Jesus says "...whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water to drink because he is a disciple, I tell you truly, he will by no means lose his reward." argues strongly for an alternate interpretation, namely that those two classes of people mentioned in Mt. 25:31-46, the "sheep", the "goats" and the question of what constitutes being one of Christ's "brothers" is as follows:

After Armageddon, the judgment of the 1000 years of Christ ensues. During this time the "righteous and unrighteous are resurrected". There is no double jeopardy with sin, so the judgment is about what you do during that time. The two classes, "sheep" and "goats" represent people with differing attitudes - the "sheep", have the attitude "when did we ever do anything right?", showing themselves to be humble, vs the "goats" whose attitude is "when did we ever NOT do what was right?", showing themselves to have a bad attitude. The sheeplike ones are congratulated on whatever good deeds they did while they were alive and (this is the kicker) claps them metaphorically on their sheeplike shoulders and speaks to them as "MY BROTHERS" in so doing he welcomes these into the universal family. These because of their attitude "go off into life" whereas the others "go off into everlasting cutting off".

The Brothers, are not self-anointed haughty governing-body members, nor for that matter necessarily ANY particular denomination of self-described and self-appointed Christians. These are basic humble people who tried best as they could to be good, kind and decent to their fellow man.

Of course when I was in no one really wanted to hear any of this.

Sad really.

I suppose they realize that if we put two and two together we'd realize that we ought to be doing like James said and stop telling people "Go in peace, keep warm and well fed,"but you do not give them the necessities for their body, of what benefit is it?"

Truth is, if you really keep on like Christ, you'll get booted.

"If we leave this man alone, they will come and take away our place and our nation!"

I can't see how people can't see that Jesus took care of people's physical needs and THEN he taught them.

I know myself and some other brothers got shot down when we suggested that we do something civic like habitat for humanity.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Everything nowdays revolves around GB and the worship of these old fools, so they will twist any scripture and use it to their own benefit. I can't understand why people don't want to see what this a-holes are doing but I guess blind faith does that to people. GB loves to be idolized, no different than popes of old as even those today don't have as much sway as GB over their own flock.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

cattails you have a pm

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The Watchtower Corporation is very greedy for power and money at the same time totally apathetic

for anyone outside of the flock. More power and money to them is foremost on their minds and they have been

that way since day one. This self centered greediness is one the reasons many have left, unfortunately thats also

the reason why men start religions in the first place and that is for power and money.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Outlaw,

The New World Translation is at best an amateurish translation and at worst an out and out fraud. EVERY linguistics scholar who has examined the NWT has laughed at it.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Set a goal.

Make a plan.

Work the plan.

It'll help your sanity to have a mission.

At least it did for me.

Wishing you peace and strength in what lies ahead.

om

• nugget
    nugget

I know where you're coming from I sat through the same study (only because my daughter had arranged a play date with a friend from the cong). It was as if they were blind to what they were reading.

When they talked about Jesus rejecting Judas, one sister stated that this showed how we had to be careful with who we associate implying shunning and DFing. But the scripture cited plainly showed that Judas wasn't shunned, he was right there up to the point when he left to carry out the betrayal. Jesus obviously hadn't shunned Judas despite his flaws since when he said "one of you will betray me," they all asked if it was them. They didn't say it must be Judas since the master has been a bit off with him lately.

They talked about how people are rejected by family but find true friends in the congregation. It was all totally self congratulatory. I had a study who came faithfully for months and very few made the effort to get to know her better.

As you said the interpretation of the scripture was bizzare. What I took from the paragraph was that it is the faithful and discreet slave who were given the commission to preach not me a mere belonging. If I help out I am doing them a huge favour. I too felt the lack of direction to charitiable works was a clear ommission. Besides as far as I am aware none of the GB are hungry, lacking shelter or clothing so the potential to help least ones is more significant. Didn't Jesus have a poor box and don't the GB show Judas' attitude when they take all funds donated to the society to make themselves more comfortable. When they do some rebuilding they ask for the insurance cheques from destitute brothers and sisters.

Sorry for the vent but if I didn't then like you I would explode.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit