Calling all smart people for help

by Heartbreaker 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

My manager expects a business plan tomorrow morning, and of course with all the holiday stuff I totally blew it off until the last minute. If it weren't for procrastination, I'd have no plan at all. I need to show how I plan to be profitabl, and I am so new to all of this, I have NO clue where to start. If anyone can help, please, PM me or leave a suggestion here. I've tried looking online for a template of sorts, and well, they all want to know about funding, bank loans, investors and all that, and well I'm not doing any of that. This is crazy.

And to make sure it's on topic, I wouldn't have to be worried about this if I had been able to go to college like most people, and in my mid thirties I'd already have a career and wouldn't need to stress on this.

Help please?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your post pretty much says it all..

You have no idea what a business plan is..

You`ve given no details of the sort of business your in..

It`s unlikey anyone could help you before tommorow morning..

What sort of company,does`nt have a Business plan?

The people you work for were Screwed,long before "You" arrived..

................................ ...OUTLAW

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

If someone from the board were to help you with this business plan, would it require the sharing of proprietary information? If so, you may just want to tell your manager that you tried but need help with your assignment.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Your post pretty much says it all..

You have no idea what a business plan is..

You`ve given no details of the sort of business your in..

It`s unlikey anyone could help you before tommorow morning..

What sort of company,does`nt have a Business plan?

The people you work for were Screwed,long before "You" arrived..

Outlaw,

You said what I really wanted to say...LOL.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

The post makes sense if it starts with My Bank manager and Heartbreaker wants to get a loan to start a business

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Need more details if you really need imput.

Sour Grapes

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Actually? My post title said smart people, not smart ass people, Outlaw, and in the post I asked those willing to help to PM me, as we generally don't broadcast our personal information for all to see. Thanks anyway.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Omg, a business plan in less than 24 hours? Ain't gonna happen. Fest up to your manager and ask for more time.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

More details. I'm newly licensed to sell insurance, and we are given leads and are expected to market ourselves otherwise, ads, pulltabs, signs, word of mouth etc. We were expected to write how we planned to be successful, we really don't have startup costs unless we needed to buy a laptop, or pens, paper, markers and business cards (being slightly ridiculous on purpose there). Everything else including the office space, leads, support, pamphlets, training, information, websites etc is supplied to us by our firm we are now associated with.

Sorry I didn't go all those details to begin with. What I as looking for wasn't so much someone to write one for me, but to share where to go to learn how to write a simple plan, or where to look one up I could download, or software to use, or an example of one they've seen or written themselves.

• bohm
    bohm

okay, you are in deep shit. i took a management course which was totally worthless, but i also read a book on management that sort of made sence. If i was you, i would build it up around these four pillars (from Erik Johnsens 'strategic ABCD'):

Overview

We are...

interested parties, current management, etc.

We want (=vision)

Who you want to be and when.

details

We do... (mission)

Current mission, your strategic goals, means and situation.

We will...

Who does what and when. A sequance of projects that will realise the vision.

Looking backwardsLooking forwards

The key thing is to get a hold on your vision and your mision. Look the words up on wikipedia if you are unsure what they mean. I would let these 4 topics above serve as headings on whatever you got to hand in, its a pretty good way to divide the problem and it will make whatever you want to say seem more thought-through than it is.

argh, i feel dirty. God i hated that management course...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit