Jimi Hendrix - Your Favorite Songs from Him ? U-tubes Welcome !

by flipper 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

A Hendrix UBI (Useless Bit of Information), or Trivia, your Choice: Hendrix was opening for the Monkees during the Summer of 1967 tour, this was before he was a household name but after his June 1967 Monterey Pop Festival appearence.

BTW, if you are a Hendrix fan and have never seen the Monterey performance, do yourself a favour. I have seen it many times and my mouth still hangs open every time.

• Girlie
    Girlie

Hey Joe

Mary

Foxy Lady

All along the Watchtower

Purple Haze

Just about all of them, but the above are my personal favorites.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)

Purple Haze

Love or Confusion

Catfish Blues (from the BBC Sessions - amazing live performances, does a killer version of Can You Please Crawl Out your Window by Dylan)

Castles Made of Sand

Little Wing

Wait Until Tomorrow

etc.....another guy I totally love........Man, I wished he would have lived longer - would love to see what he would have come up with!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Some people were meant to play guitar Jimmy Hendrix was one of them.

This video was was of him playing at the Woodstock Festival in 1969

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHC9bxQkLCQ&feature=player_embedded

• Dagney
    Dagney

Uh boy...I too love everything...just everything. (Just remembered I gave my double CD of Jimi's Blues album to my GD shunning nephew...I want it BACK! He doesn't deserve it.)

Are You Experienced, Fire, Waterfall, Manic Depression, Red House, Little Wing....Oh my, just everything.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Flipper you old rocker. Another Great thread. But to choose a best Jimmy Hendrix Song - too much of decision for me. Love 'em all........... OK how about alll along the watchtower, I watch Tuesdays videos just to hear that intro.

• donny
    donny

Little Wing is my favorite and Stevie Ray Vaughan did an excellent cover.

• Mr. Monday Night
    Mr. Monday Night

Voodoo Child...sick song! (in a good way).

Ciao,

MMN

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Purple Haze.

There was actually a really small cave/underground type dance club that started up in our old town called the Haze. it was designed like a cave and sported dark purple and black lighting etc...a real rock joint. It was a really cool place that sadly disappeared in favor of disco.....sammieswife.

• flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit