New to the Forum

by Abe L. Toseenow 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Welcome Abe

• Abe L. Toseenow
    Abe L. Toseenow

WOW!!! Thank you, all of you, for making me feel welcomed and at home. You really are a great bunch. My wife and I had a chat about yesterday, she really doesnt understand the conseqeunces of what was said. But as I already said i'm not meeting with anyone. They can do whatever they wanna do. The only thing that has kept me from DA is family. I have an elderly militant JW mother whose health is starting to fail, as well as others that will shun me. I have two lttle ones, 8 and 4, who will have a hard time with the family thing, but I have to do what I think is best for them. Keeping them out of the cult IS best for them.

• Abe L. Toseenow
    Abe L. Toseenow

Oh, I did forget to tell you all something from yesterday that my wife said. When she was ripping the WBTS the one woman keep saying "I know, I know, but we are all imperfect". My wife said If you know, then why are you going door to door telling everyone how great JWs are and they need to become one. the lady said I never thought of it like that. The other one jumped in with an attitude and said " thats not what I do, I offer a message, and people either accept it or not". It was pretty funny to see the different levels of indoctrination. One thing I will say about my wife is, if and when she wakes up totally........I think the JWs are in trouble.

• flipper
    flipper

ABEL TO SEE NOW- Welcome to the board my friend. You sound like a very nice and cool person. You are among friends here who have been there, done this. I wouldn't sweat it too much because it sounded like your wife was the more vocal one in voicing her opinions to the witnesses than you were. These JW's may go back and report it to the elders, but you have the right viewpoint- you do not have to meet with them. They are not your owner, your boss, your leaders. They bleed red like you and me and oh yes, didn't the sister mention they are " imperfect " ? So obviously they can't tell you what to do - because they make mistakes and blunder too. How can you trust them ?

Don't be afraid of them. The elders may try to intimidate you through fear and guilt. But don't let them guilt you into saying things to them that are personal to you ( like your views ) which they may use against you. I guarantee you if they try to pull information out of you it will be used against you to roast you in front of 3 elders at a JC . They ARE NOT getting info from you to help you. Don't let your wife convince you otherwise. She still may be intimidated by the mind control exerted by the elders . Remember Adam- don't listen to your wife ! Lol! Good luck, just be careful what you say

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

"And what is good, Phædrus,
    And what is not good...
    Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?"

Welcome Abe, and remember always that they have no control over you, but what you allow them.

• yknot
    yknot

Believing it is the 'troof' is natural for a period of time (remember she is going off your research not her own)...... however you can rid her of that nasty virus by introducing her to "Da Judge' and Clayton Woodworth's writings from 1917-1942... very few JWs can review the evolution of what we teach today and still believe.

I look forward to your comments and to the time when your wife also joins our little community!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum and I certainly do like your name!!!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome, Abe! I sure hope your whole family can escape. There is definitely life outside of the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit