The book,In Search of Christian Freedom

by pat1060 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

And further PSac, a JW who chooses not to engage in the door to door activity of JWs is branded weak, lacking in faith, etc REGARDLESS of the fact that they may feel that they can effectively preach in other ways. Other ways are auxilliary but not acceptable if done to the exclusion of the door to door method.

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

This book is a gold mine for the conscious JW, exiting JW and xJW. I enjoyed the chapters that talked about the real good news and the one titled A congregation of free people.

I read some of the comments on the door to door witnessing on another thread. It is not that the door to door witnessing is unscriptural, the problem is the emphasis given by the GB to this form of witnessing as a “life saving work”. I have heard this message (or implied idea) in public talks, conventions, and I feel confident enough to say that some publication have said that door to door witnessing is a must do for salvation. Yes, this form of witnessing is effective in some parts of the world, but it is not in others. Here in the US, this form of witnessing is not productive, it’s a waste of time. I always say that if the real purpose of the WT is to spread the message of the Gospel, they would exploit all media available to that end, i.e. TV, radio, internet, film productions, etc. But as we all know by now, this is a publishing company; they are in the (obsolete) business of paper and ink.

Its mind boggling, on one hand they (WT’s GB) talk about “Jehovah’s chariot” moving fast and forward, but on the other hand they are slow to rip the benefits of the new (less expensive) forms of disseminating information. This organization is like a giant ship that got stock, at one point they pioneered in film production, “the photo drama of creation” was a first of a kind in that era, the in-house translation program MEPS was a very advance program for that time. But now, there is no innovation, no creativity, no new ideas. Oh well…. At least less people get fooled by some of the BS that they propagate in their publications.

• pat1060
    pat1060

These are great comments....As always Tjlibre,nice to hear from you....I'm still making some meetings,for now,and the house to house ministry is pushed like never before.......as well as other forms.....I think this book is a gold mine too.Needs to be read more then once....thanks every one...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    And further PSac, a JW who chooses not to engage in the door to door activity of JWs is branded weak, lacking in faith, etc REGARDLESS of the fact that they may feel that they can effectively preach in other ways. Other ways are auxilliary but not acceptable if done to the exclusion of the door to door method.

How anyone can feel that they are qualified to judge the strength of ANYONE's faith is beyond me, talk about stepping into the shoes of God.

Amazing how other religions not only preach their word without door-to-door sales, but do it BETTER and get more people.

Again, anyone that has ever truly studied the NT and Acts in particular, sees how full of holes this door-to-door crap truly is, BUT if people want to do it they should, just as people who feel there are betters ways to do it, shouldn't have to.

Of course the other issue is that the majority are probably NOT qualified to preach ANYTHING, putting aside that they are preaching "misinterpretations".

To put it nicely.

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

I would love to buy this book but I have a problem. My wife does not know yet about my "free mind" and for the sake of our marrriage I must keep it that way. Does anyone have an idea as to how I can get this book without it being traced back to me? Getting it off the Net would be best so that it does not arrive in the mail at our house. But then how can I pay for it if I use a credit card? She will see the charge! Any ideas?

By the way, I did manage to read C of C when I was away on a job assignment. That Book was a real eye opener and it confirmed all my doubts! I ordered that book through Borders, had them call my cell when it came in and paid cash when I picked it up. Perhaps, I need to repeat this process for ISOCF, except it's still risky since it would be through a local book store.

Any suggestions?

HQ

• cattails
    cattails

tjlibre you have a pm

thanks for your posts

(((abrazos)))

• knock knock
    knock knock

Wasn't it in ISOCF that Ray tells of his uncle Froederick saying that the apostles might have gone in the front doors and exited the rear doors thereby going "from door to door"? And Ray said that his uncle was dead serious. If that ain't a bit of insight into insanity I don't know what is.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I am still in the process of reading this book. I whipped thru Crisis of Conscience. This one is taking me a bit longer.

As I grew up back in the '70s, I came to realize that the WTS/JWs went way beyond the Bible. This never sat well with me, especially due to Revelation 22:18-19. Just one of the many things that bothered me about them.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

knockknock, yes that is where Fred makes that comment in regard to door to door.

• Heaven
    Heaven

knockknock said: Wasn't it in ISOCF that Ray tells of his uncle Froederick saying that the apostles might have gone in the front doors and exited the rear doors thereby going "from door to door"?

Or maybe they tunnelled in. Soon to be issued to all in FS: a shovel and a pith helmet with a light on the front.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit