2009 Annual Worldwide Service Report -- 7.3 Million Publishers

by Joker10 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wobble
    wobble

I suppose an interesting calculation would be, the total number baptised in the last twenty years ,minus the death rate of 1%, and we should have a figure that we can add to the 3.5 million of twenty years ago, and see how many really are "missing".

In my head I say roughly 6 million baptised, 1 million dead, leaves a nett increase of 5 million. Which should mean they now number 8.5 million.

So where are the missing million ? Just my guess, but real figures would be revealing.

Love

Wobble

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I didn't notice it posted (skipped a couple pages in this thread), but they set a record for the number of hours of preaching it requires to get one baptism. 5639.4 hours of field service to produce one baptism.

And when you figure at least half of the baptisms are kids of Dubs, you're looking at over 10k hours going door to door just to make one convert.

• metatron
    metatron

READ THE REPORT ABOUT SHUTTING DOWN BRANCH OFFICES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you really think this organization has significant healthy growth? Why is everything being cut back and Bethelites dumped in the street? What is going wrong?

metatron

• Heaven
    Heaven

My Dad has an envelope where he wrote "Every 30 minutes a Mexican becomes a JW." I guess the cult looks good down there.

My Dad's CO last year told them that "The young people are leaving in droves."

So... Mexicans are jumping on board like there's no tomorrow and the young North Americans are jumping off like there is some kinda plague. I think thie means the WTS will continue to deal with financial issues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit