2009 Annual Worldwide Service Report -- 7.3 Million Publishers

by Joker10 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Does Joker10 usually start a thread and then disappear?

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I believe the partakers are just under 10,000 for last year.

• metatron
    metatron

United States: Congregations now average 10 - 20 elders each. The Governing Body rejoices that so many men are volunteering to serve. Regular Pioneer hour requirements were increased to 90 hours a month.

United Kingdom: The Society announced that it has all the donations it needs and like the Israelites, no more is needed for now.

Australia: Publishers rejoice to hear the Society's letter read restoring Awake publication to twice a month and restarting campaigns for magazine subscriptions.

Germany: The Branch Office at Seltiers is moving forward with new presses and plans to double book production to meet demand. Laid off Bethelites have been recalled.

Have you figured out anything about the Watchtower's growing numbers yet, brother?

metatron

• sspo
    sspo

The numbers will always go up because of young ones getting baptized. They have no choice but to do so under pressure

from parents and congregation and most do believe at such young age. As they get old they do not stay in.

You go to any convention and you will see most of those getting baptized are not from the field!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I just don"t see the increase of the forign language congregations making up for the local loss. Here in Los Angeles all I hear is mergings of congregations. I suppose it becomes theocratic warefare in lying about the numbers

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Joker10 appears to post almost exclusively on threads relating to statistics.

Maybe he's a bethelite?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

4.4% growth in the US? That's pretty high. The highest in decades I think.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I just noticed those are peak figures that are quoted, which can be volatile. I wonder what the increase in the average number of publishers is.

• dozy
    dozy

Barring a 1975 style fiasco or major scandal or schism, you would generally expect a 2% or so increase every year from Jehovah’s witnesses – combination of born-ins and recruits. I don’t see that rate of increase (flat in Europe , higher in USA & 3 rd world) changing much in the short term.

A bit puzzled why 1.1 million Americans get eternal life while the same number of East Timorians are bird feed – 99.99996% of the population.

• wobble
    wobble

The Seventh Day Adventist church is reporting a similar percentage gain in the U.S.A, they only have a few more members in North America too, they started a little time before Russell, who plagiarised a lot of their ideas, but Worldwide ,they number just over 16 Million ! More than twice the JW claimed no.

And of course, their new members were baptised with a Christian baptism, into the Father, Son and Holy Spirit , not just swearing allegiance to a publishing company.

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit