An example of how nice "worldly" people are

by HappyGuy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

Funny I should come to the forum and this thread right when I've been thinking the same. Just reading "In Harm's Way" the book by Brian Corrigan the man who led an SAS team into Lebanon to recover two abducted children of Melissa Hawach, successfully did it but in process Brian and another member of his team were detained at the airport and thrown into a Lebanese prison for the next three months facing likely sentence of at least 15 years...

Absolutely a brilliant man. I think unlike JWs and like-minded small minds, those "worldly" worldly people think on altogether different plane, they do good deeds for the pleasure of seeing their fellow man happy again and not for "keeping up appearances" or "being seen" and "admired for it" as the core motives. Nor do they waste their breath on self-promotion, after all if people can't really see their good deeds for what they are, they were a wrong kind of people to start with.

Anyway, don't what to steal the thread but if anyone wants to read how far human selflessness can go (especially those who, as it were, 'have been forged through combat, behind enemy lines') read the book its bound to resonate deeply. Here is just a short paragraph to give you taste of it..

He is a man of very few words and is difficult to read, but his stoic facade belies a fairy complex character with life experiences that would make most of what you and I have done seem mundane. Brian is what I would characterize as a 'high idler'. While most of us go about our day at the equivalent of 1000rpm, Brian's baseline is closer to 4500rpm. He is an intelligent bloke, fiercely loyal, and with what I would describe as a degree of calculated madness. What you and I see as just too risky or too dangerous, men like Brian see from different perspective. They have the capacity to divorce emotions from events and engage with risk in a highly calculated and considered way. (Foreword x, In Harm's Way)

Anyhow, that's enough get yourself the book ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit