An example of how nice "worldly" people are

by HappyGuy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Hello,

I was seriously injured in Desert Storm. Long story. My wife is out of town and I was going to give her a nice Christmas by putting up a real tree, going crazy with tacky decorations, all that. My wife loves Christmas. I started by putting the star on the very top of the tree and I fell off the ladder. I was in the little market down the street from my house telling one of my friends that I was sad because I am just not able to do the decorating for my wife. Someone from the church overheard me and today they showed up with a car full of people to decorate my house.

Worldly people are so evil, aren't they? The WTBTS needs to shut up.

Happy Guy

• nugget
    nugget

Yeah, sooo evil. I now find it repellent when I hear dubs castigating non-witnesses for their so called lack of love.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

It's the typical generality speak the witnesses use when trying to build themselves up. They castigate anyone not a witness who does something bad or who doesn't show love and generalize it into the whole world. The truth is there are non-loving people everywhere including in the WTS and there are loving people everywhere which also includes the WTS. There is no us and them. I do believe there are many more people in the world that have and show love then those who don't.

LD

• awildflower
    awildflower

That was so nice of them!

• dinah
    dinah

That was very nice!

Funny how "worldly" people seem to help each other out more often. I guess they have more time to do nice things for people.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm reminded of a quote from an upcoming WT Study article:

"Today, what a pleasure it is to be associated with a worldwide organization whose members follow the pattern set by first century Christians. We are determined to obey Jesus' command to display genuine love for one another.However,during these last days, people in general are disloyal and fail to show natural affection (2 Tim 3 )The friendships they do form are often shallow and self serving."

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I have always admired how when you go to a soup kitchen or a homeless shelter, or a reach out center, or a AA meeting or anywhere where people are helping each other and the less fortunate, how full of JW's those places are.

Yes, that is sarcasam.

• dissed
    dissed

Happy Guy

You just moved up on my board to 'Hero status' and your wife, like mine, deserves a medal for putting up with such 'son's of a Bitches' lol

Merry Xmas to you and yours!

Your experience made my day.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I am sorry to hear your injuries have caused lasting problems for you Happy Guy .

The kindness shown to you by the church members confirms the observations I have made in my own locality .When a local need is made known the churches are the first in line to offer help and w/o any trumpet blowing I might add . It was one thing that touched my heart, and at the same time really made me so mad at the witnesses for misrepresenting what 'worldly' people are really like .

Doesn't it warm your heart to find that people are not the animals the Witnesses would have us believe them to be ?

I have a current example of this going on in my area that I would like to share ,but I'll post it in it's own thread ....

How did your house look and was the wife surprised ?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Due to severe back problems and resulting partial paralysis in one leg, I usually walk with a cane. Everytime I'm out and about "worldly" people do nice things for me like hold the door open even though it takes me forever to get there, give up their seats in crowded venues, help me across icy parking lots, etc. I've never had to ask for help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit