An example of how nice "worldly" people are

by HappyGuy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    You just moved up on my board to 'Hero status'

LOL!

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy
    How did your house look and was the wife surprised ?

She comes home on saturday and she will be very surprised. I'm thinking she will have a great stocking stuffer in mind! HA!

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy
    Due to severe back problems and resulting partial paralysis in one leg, I usually walk with a cane. Everytime I'm out and about "worldly" people do nice things for me like hold the door open even though it takes me forever to get there, give up their seats in crowded venues, help me across icy parking lots, etc. I've never had to ask for help.

My health problems are wierd. Some days I can walk just fine, other days I look like something out of a bad monster movie when I try to walk. I'm always in pain but I won't take pain killers so I just take a deep breath and deal with it.

One day I was having a really bad day, but I was determined to walk to the diner across the street for lunch. As I'm doing my frankenstine monster walk, a guy pulls his car over and gets out and starts saying "hey, can you come here and help me for a moment", I had seen this guy around and he has that disease where his legs are too short for his body and he has to walk with canes, walking sticks, et al. So, I'm kind of aggravated because I have to detour to go to his car and it is so painful to walk.

So, this crippled man says "Here, I need for you to take this walking stick, watching you try to walk without a walking stick is too painful, I carved this one by hand". And with that he gave me the walking stick and drove off. It was gorgeous. And it is the best walking stick I have, I don't like them usually, but I like this one.

I have never even heard of anything like that before. THe thing that touched me the most is that the crippled man was now going to have to walk from his car to his house without anything to help him. But he felt moved to help me.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I'm always in pain but I won't take pain killers so I just take a deep breath and deal with it.

Pain killers make me very mean like a belligerant drunk.

• nugget
    nugget

These unexpected acts of kindness are so precious. It shows that there are good people out there.

There is a lot of warmth and kindness on the board too even though it is in virtual space.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

last year I was in the hair salon. I'd not long bought my son his first electric guitar for Xmas but it didnt come with the lead to connect the amp. I was miffed because I had to go out again and look for one, and I was remarking this to my friend who owns the salon.

a lady who was waiting said the audio company her husband worked for made music equipment for concerts and he could whip up a lead for me. - she asked where I lived and dropped it off that evening.

now lets replace the word electric guitar with ministry bag, and lead with strap, and then the magical lady would have been sent by Jehovah..

but you get my drift really .. 'worldly' people are nice. - well some of them. some witnesses are nice too. - given that people are people there are nice and arseholes the world over. - but no people arent evil just because they are 'in the world'

x

• SallySue
    SallySue

When my husband died we were very poor. All my "worldly" friends chipped in and paid for the funeral. Yeah, "worldly" are terrible people' NOT!!!!!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Recent examples for me:

- My neighbour shovelled the snow on the sidewalk in front of about 4 of our houses. Then he shovelled walkways up to our front doors.

- My Catholic Asian colleague is taking Chinese Painting lessons. For my 25th work anniversary, she gave me 2 framed hand painted pictures. They are lovely! She is the only one who gave me a gift.

- My next door neighbour cut my front lawn one day this past summer when I was too busy due to elder care issues with my father. This same neighbour has let me use some of his tree fertilizer, his wire snake, and offered me the use of his lawn fertilizer spreader.

- My Muslim colleague brings in fresh dates and shares them with me when they are in season. He also boils peanuts and brings them in to share with us.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

couldn't agree more happy guy!

People in the "world" are shockingly nice compared to the phoney witnesses.

At least that is what I have found.

The Oracle

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I'm reminded of a quote from an upcoming WT Study article:

"Today, what a pleasure it is to be associated with a worldwide organization whose members follow the pattern set by first century Christians. We are determined to obey Jesus' command to display genuine love for one another.However,during these last days, people in general are disloyal and fail to show natural affection (2 Tim 3 )The friendships they do form are often shallow and self serving."

What a load of bollocks. I personally have seen more genuine, loyal, naturaly affectionate, deep selfless people in the 'world' than in that religion.

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit