First ever

by feenx 15 Replies latest jw friends

• feenx
    feenx

Well....the fiance and I set up the xmas tree last night. I've been out for seven years now and amazingly this is my first tree. It's pretty cool actually! I I wasn't sure how it would be, or if I'd even care at all, but it's really nice having it up and I'm super excited for next week

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Bravo. Bravo.

Have a merry happy ChristmaHanaKwansmas!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Have a wonderful Holiday Season! Glad you are celebrating life!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

What type of tree did you get? Did you decorate it yourself or was it pre-decorated?

• feenx
    feenx

Well actually in an effort to save money we got an artificial one off Craigslist for free, lol. It had lights on it already, but a couple of the rows were out so we added our own lights. And it was too tall for our ceiling so we couldn't use all of it, which is fine by me. The thing is MASSIVE. And then we'll be adding more decorations from a friend of ours who will be coming over for xmas eve and xmas morning. It took forever to figure out this ghetto thing, but it was worth it

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

It's cool that your first tree comes with an interesting (hiliarious) story. No tree for me, not yet anyway, but I've put up lights and snowflakes on the window. Totally agree with you, its nice having them up.

Have a great holiday!

• Gregor
    Gregor

For the rest of us:

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Isn't it fun? I love my tree-it is about 3 1/2 high, black with white lights. I've had a wonderful time shopping for my family. Enjoy!

• sacolton
    sacolton

ENJOY!!! I may keep mine up until February. :)

• nugget
    nugget

My Dad was never a JW and insisted we had Xmas. I still remember the ritual of decorating the tree. This was always done on Xmas Eve so that when we came downstairs on Christmas morning and saw the lights on for the first time it was truly magical. You kid yourself that it's all pagan and stupid but deep down you miss it.

Well done you. Enjoy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit