First ever

by feenx 15 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

good for you! what fun to actually enjoy this, eh?

I put up my first tree this year.... it is my fiancee's tree... it seems I am the only one that ever turns on the power strip for the lights (which is a sorry 2 strands and a lit topper).... couldnt find any blinking white LED lights in the stores.... too late to get any it seems

I will try to encourage its dismantling before Jan 1.... I like the tree and all...but so does my cat...she loves batting at the ornaments and once tried to climb in the tree...

merrychristmasall...

Snakes (Rich )

• sacolton
    sacolton

My ex-wife (and also ex-JW) is celebrating her first Christmas on her own. She loves it! Here's her Christmas tree ...

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I thought this was going to be a sexually explicit thread..

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Ours is the brightest it has ever been this year. We didn't put any lights up besides those on the tree - and it is far less hassle that way for me. I just remarked to my wife last night how differently we view the tree [and entire celebration] after a few years of doing it. I love the colors, and the joy of the season. I never once think about the 'pagan' aspects we were told to hate as Jw's. It is just a celebration, not demun-worship.

Lights cheer up a cold dark winter for us now.

Jeff

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Congrats! I've been fading for several years, but this will be my first time actually celebrating Xmas, too! I'm taking the opportunity to sneak to Scotland and surprise my fiancé for the occasion :)

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

Mine has 50 candy canes on it and its full of chocolate and christmas crackers. its white with black and silver so it goes with the living room lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit