Children JW Rejection Statistics

by AggieNostic 19 Replies latest jw friends

• xcellxior
    xcellxior

1) Me baptized fader - Out before 30
    2) Older brother baptized disassociated- Out before 20
    3) Younger bro unbaptized - out before 20

I was the holy one :D

So many young ones go just because their parents go ad is all they know.

• xcellxior
    xcellxior

I think with internet and the freedom of information a lot more young ones are going to leave the "truth" much earlier. I wonder if the GB will ever issue instructions to treat "faders" as disassociated ones if they do not come back to the fold within a reasonable time frame.

Even when you are faded though you always have to be watching your back. Sneaky JWs everywhere....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

There's four of us, ages 37-44:

#1 (me) never baptised

#2 ditto, went to and graduated from college, thought about pioneering but that didn't seem serious I think she was just trying to please Mother.

#3 double ditto, mental and physically incapacitated since the age of five, still lives with my parents - I feel sorry for my brother.

#4 triple ditto, by the time he came along my parents weren't that strong in the "truth" and didn't force him to go to hall or participate in any of the "Kingdom" activities. I would say he's the least affected.

• Heaven
    Heaven

In my immediate family, the rejection rate is 100%. Neither me nor my siblings (2 brothers) joined. That also goes for the grandchildren.

• yknot
    yknot

The Pew Report on Religions in America found the WTS only retains 37% of those born/raised.

So 63% outright leave.

http://religions.pewforum.org/reports

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Excellent! Thanks yknot!

• Gayle
    Gayle

5 kids - 4 of us successful faders, my one brother handed the elders an attorney letter (no announcement made on platform) and our dad followed getting disfellowshipped for apostasy.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Sister-Barely in.

Brother-Never in

Me-Power Fade complete. Out!

• Opus92
    Opus92

About 100% here. I faded and changed religions completely. My brother still clings to some of the beliefs out of a sense of loyalty to my mother, but he doesn't live the life.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

100% in our family - all atheists or agnostics

1. Nate - left in his 20's in the late 70's after being in Bethel during the big upheaval

2. Cher - left in her 30's

3. Derek - left in his 30's (was df'ed)

4. Me - lasted until I was 41 and then disfellowshipped 2 years ago

5. Ja - left right out of high school to go to college (was df'ed)

We had 6 kids between the five of us - all born in the troof - all 6 are ACTIVE atheists!

We are all extremely close - due to having more than the usual in common for siblings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit