Wow

by brainwashed-from-birth 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• asilentone
    asilentone

maybe he already confessed to the elders and got a private reproof? If he did, it would seem very foolish for you to be spiteful. I did something that is definitely disfellowshipping grounds many years ago, I was surprised that I got a private reproof that is because I voluntary confessed to the elders.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Hi B-F-B, I agree with everyone else and think that if you snitch you'll end up regretting it later. Even in my agnostic state, I still try to live by the golden rule and as hard as it can be to apply it to those who have done you wrong, you feel much more at peace. It's sooooo frustrating to see rampant hypocrisy and judgmental attitudes and while it's certainly not unique to JW's, we who have taken the blinders off see it very keenly in that organization. The hardest thing is to not become that way ourselves toward those still under WT control. I get the sense that your love for your brother is still very strong and I believe the best thing you can do is to always think from that angle.

• mouthy
    mouthy

No I wouldnt snitch either.... I know it might make you feel better,
    But he has to answer for his errors.......

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would not "snitch" on even the JW's that I didn't care for- even the C.O. I had problems with.

For a family member, I would inform them about my feelings somehow. A letter if they don't take my call. Something.

• Gregor
    Gregor

No snitching but that doesn't mean you can't him know that you know. Might make him see his hypocrisy in shunning you.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

No I absolutely would not snitch.

I might let little bro know I knew though.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

If you tell your brother that she told you, he might just blame her as an evil apostate who is spreading lies in order to hurt you. I think there is a good chance he will deny it, even to you. Evil Satan is trying to tear him down.

Skeeter

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I would write a letter to my brother explaining the news I just learned, and ask how he would like me to handle it.

I'd say, "Through this experience, I see that what you've done doesn't change my love for you, and how much I miss you; I only wish you loved me in the same way, and were willing to forgive me so that we could be close again."

But that's just me.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"...I only wish you loved me in the same way, and were willing to forgive me so that we could be close again."

OKay, but do not ask forgiveness from him for you leaving the JW's. Unless your DF was related to directly hurting him via a scam or a lie or drugs or...etc., do not seek forgiveness for a pain you have that is caused by his shunning. It's really the other way around, but don't expect him to apologize either.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

As a former elder you should know that what you have in hand is "heresay" and that since it is 2nd hand heresay coming from you would be met with either:

1.) You'd be dismissed immediately and nothing would be done about it.

Or

2.) An elder's meeting would take place. What you said would be mentioned. Perhaps they'd follow protocol and create an investigative group of 2 brothers to talk to your brother and ask him about this. If he denied it, it would be dropped for lack of any evidence. If he confessed it would be handled a couple of ways 1.) If it happened a really long time ago, he might just get some counsel and it would drop, or 2) The two brothers would go back to the body, inform them, probably get one more brother for the judicial committee, go talk to him for about 30 minutes, he'd be considered "repentant", the paperwork would be filed, and he'd go through the priviledge reaquisition process.

No way yoou could "get him" on anything unless he confessed.

In the end nothing would happen except that you'd just look like a jerk confirming what everyone thinks of you anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit