Are you doubting?

by YoYoMama 26 Replies latest jw friends

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

James 1:5-8

"So, if any one of YOU is lacking in wisdom, let him keep on asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching; and it will be given him. But let him keep on asking in faith, not doubting at all, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven by the wind and blown about. In fact, let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from Jehovah; he is an indecisive man, unsteady in all his ways."

A person who lacks faith, having doubts when he prays to God, is likened by the disciple James to “a wave of the sea driven by the wind and blown about.” He does not recognize or appreciate God’s fine qualities of generosity and loving-kindness. “Let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from Jehovah; he is an indecisive man, unsteady in all his ways,” James declares.—Jas 1:5-8.

Do you doubt Jehovah God?

• NameWithheld
  • bitter mango
  • RunningMan
    RunningMan

Not at all. I am quite positive that he is just pretend.

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

I have no doubts at all about the WTBTS. I know for a fact that they are guilty of lying, thievery, cover-ups, manslaughter, and tax evasion. I have no doubt that their numbers will continue to see a steady decline in every country where the free flow of information about the real truth of the WTBTS is available.

And seeing some of the WTBTS defenders on this board, I have no doubt that the WTBTS can still bring in a new sucker now and then.

• radar
    radar

YoYoMoma

James 5:8...Addressing the congregation of his day: "Be patient for the presence of the lord as drawn near."

2000yrs later............Hmmmmm maybe they should have doubted.

Radar

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    Do you doubt Jehovah God?

LOL - Don't you mean Do you doubt the Governing Body?

Answer - after reading what the little tick mark and asterisk means in the 46th line of the 24th Chapter of Matthew - I have to say - oh yeah!!!!

hawk

p.s. - For what is it worth this is from from a book called The four Agreements Companion Book, pages 48 and 49

Let’s consider what it means to have faith. Whoever masters faith, masters the dream. Why? Because faith is the impeccability of the word. To have faith is to believe 100 percent without doubt. Faith is how the word is manifested; it is how we guide our intent. To have great faith is to have great power because our intent, our will, is undivided. When our word isn’t dissipated by doubt, the power of our word is even stronger.

The great leaders of humanity have a lot of personal power because they have great faith. But their faith comes from the heart, not the head. Their faith comes from love instead of fear, and from wisdom instead of knowledge. The kind of faith that comes from the head is blind faith because it comes from knowledge, from false beliefs

, from fear. Blind faith is a faith that leads to fanaticism and dogmatism, which explains all the religious wars, all the fear that other people don’t believe what we believe. Blind faith is a faith we have to defend and impose on other people in order to feel validated and safe.
  • nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

i doubt the antis will ever get the magic pill they are looking
    for..20 years after ray franz...and we are still here....

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Who’s “Jehovah God” do you refer to? If it is the one that the Jws have all wrapped up in a box then yes, I do. If it is the God Jesus spoke about then no. YOYO, I would like to hear your thoughts regarding the post of Mulan: "my cousin's brother sends a card...grrrrr." Is that your God at work?

nytelecom1: You are truly the gift that keeps on giving.lol

“Cancel my subscription to the resurrection. Send my credentials to the House of Detention, I got some friends inside.....” The Doors

• freeman
    freeman

YOYO,

You ask a very good question, do I doubt?

With the amount of research I have done, I can honestly say I have no doubts about the WTBTS at all. They are precisely what their critics have indicated they are. As for the God they represent, it’s starting to not look to good for him either. It’s getting harder and harder to believe, I wish it weren’t.

Freeman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit