did you go on the ministry in bad weather?

by highdose 23 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

I can remember being in the freezing snow and so cold my fingers were numb, i desparatly wanted someone to invite me in, just to warm up even, but no one did.

I got soaked on countless occasions having been dropped off in some remote corner of the territory, trying to find shelter in a thunderstorm.

I got burnt to a crisp in just half an hour in a UK heatwave, of course no one was at home... they were all far more sensible and had gone to the beach!

• iMARX
    iMARX

Haha yeh I remember going out in the rain, but then my family got pissed off that no other family came out on Saturday morning's when it was wet so we gave up going out too lol

• carpediem
    carpediem

Yeah, pouring rain where I could hardly hold literature before it was soaked through. One man said 'you are bonkers you are' and slammed the door. There were lots of people home that day though!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yep I was one for constancy whatever the weather. In one congregation we had "wet weather territory", blocks of flats. Where I live now there was no "wet weather territory", you had to suck it whatever, interestingly the groups was always poorly supported in wet weather.To day was glorious but as ususal for now, I didn't go out in the field misery.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Yes - and I took the kids with me--three of them. We usually had a rural territory and usually did return visits--but still.

• Casper
    Casper

Same here.

I used to think if I heard the term, "We're not just fair weather Christians", (yes, that's what they would say)... one more time, that I would puke.

I thought we looked like absolute fools going out in bad weather, but off we went.

Cas

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

All the time. Pouring rain, 100 deg heat, snow.....

Years ago, I remember going out in a blizzard because my pioneer wife needed hours (with a couple other pioneers as well).

All I could remember thinking was what morons we must have looked like.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well of course ....We were told that is the only time we would meet people at home
    in the freezing weather..My hubby would laugh like the dickens when he saw me

crawling back frozen...but I placed 3 magazines .......If he is UP there !!!!He is probably
    laughing again....

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I did my level best to ride in the car and count time.

• mouthy
    mouthy

did my level best to ride in the car and count time.

I had to obey my husband!!!! So I was never allowed to learn to drive..
    The elders told me YOU MUST be in subjection Grace .....I was !!!!!

But guess what ??????
    while he was dying I learned how to drive,at 58 yrs old
    I looked after him for a 1yr & 7 months at home,but got two hours a week
    when a nurse came to care for him .Thats when I learned to drive
    But I have to tell you my hubby wanted to be a JW on his death bed.
    thought I was an Angel

But used the phone & wrote letters to get my time in

O.k. no stones please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit