Circuit assembly tid bit

by Iwonder17 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

Something else that I caughtat the CA was, they kept using the phrase, "Stop letting lingering doubts concern you"

Another way of saying this would be...Stop thinking and listen to us. This is something that I am having a really tough time with and have spoken to the elders about several times. It would seem to make sense that I would be able to get reasonable answers to some questions, and if not they could at least be honest and say "I don't know"

No that would be too easy. They tell us, stop thinking and it will be all better

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

"Stop letting lingering doubts concern you"

Yeah, I remember hearing things like that, too. Its funny because comments like that really made me think! - What would I be doubting? There are enough people who doubt the teachings to mention it on the CA? Why not address these "doubts" instead of telling people to ignore them? That sounds fishy, and this is the truth. Nothing can't be explained by the truth!

Kind of like when your friend asks if you can see the slight mark on his clothing, that you would have never seen or paid no mind, then suddenly, after its pointed out, its ALL you can see.

• moshe
    moshe

Stop thinking? Sounds like being in a comatose/vegetative state of mind. This is the opposite of what they tell householders, which is to think,examine and question their beliefs.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I use this on my "in" friends all the time. Why would God give you great reasoning ability and instincts but then tell you not to use them?

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

If a JW ever says this to you, just ask, "is that the same advice you would give a catholic, or a mormon that is having doubts?"

Jw's really hate it when you apply their "special" rules to everyone else.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Perhaps if they would address the problems leading to the doubts, or think about their doctrines before finalizing them so they would have little to doubt about, that would have solved the problems.

It is true that we do not have all the answers to mankind's problems. The "secret society" I checked out to slap Jehovah in the face even said that--in fact, until we can integrate our thinking without any bias, we will never be able to solve our problems on a global level. All well and good--one person could have an idea, I could have doubts about that idea, and have a rational discussion about it. Others get involved in it, and before long a clearer picture of the issue emerges. And everyone benefits--just because one person doubted an idea and posted that doubt.

But, when you insist that you have all the answers and demand that everyone follow them, the game changes. Now, when someone doubts, it is viewed as an attack. You start cutting off the doubter, and making this person look like s*** instead of looking at it. The original idea is still there, still faulty, and nothing is ever going to be done to fix it (in the "secret society", even if the original idea and the doubter are both faulty, everyone can develop a better system and everyone benefits). And, people are punished for trying to improve the situation.

• moshe
    moshe
    -It is true that we do not have all the answers to mankind's problems.

When I was a JW 20+ years ago they taught that God's kingdom was the answer for ALL man's problems. When JW's try and explain what that Kingdom is and how it works throught the GB/FD&S in the only true Christian faith (JW's), that's when they get in trouble.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Here's what I got from one elder as I talked to him about my lingering doubts about the blood doctrine:

The interesting part of this is that I was an elder and the PO at the time.

He told me that perhaps I was studying too much. Yes that's what he said. He then went on to say, "The Governing Body are very smart men and they have all the right answers already so too much study on my part can raise questions that don't need to be raised."

BLA, BLA, BLA

LD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Translation:

Of course we`re BullShitting you..

Stop Thinking!..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

But didn't Jesus say something about "keep on seeking"?

No, wait, did he say "shut your fat yapper and eat your "pretend miracle fish" and "pretend miracle bread""?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit