Did you often leave half way through the meetings?

by highdose 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• highdose
    highdose

in the end years i would. After the public talk and after the TMS. In fact there would often be a mass exdous out of the door. They started timing the annocments of " we encourage you to stay for the 2nd part of our meeting" to coincide with the walk out, didn't help though...

• oompa
    oompa

i often left halfway through the talk....would go out to my car and read the Sunday paper!!!.........oompa

• dig692
    dig692

Yes, and I often still do. Usually after the public talk and after the congregation bible study/ministry school. I can't stand hearing all the bs about field service and the stupid comments during the watchtower. It makes me want to throw up

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I have noticed ones who regularly left, but I seldom did.

• sacolton
    sacolton

My ex-wife and I usually had a routine. Sometimes I would just say "Lunch?" and she knew that meant to sneaky leave at the half to grab some yummy Mexican food at our favorite place. When the half-time music started, we grabbed our stuff and avoided ANY EYE CONTACT with the "friends" and quickly moved to the front door. Sometimes an elder would be standing in the foyer and INSTANT GUILT hits us, but we triumphantly rush past him before he can get two words in. Our lunch never tasted better.

i often left halfway through the talk....would go out to my car and read the Sunday paper!!!.........oompa

That wouldn't fly at our congregation because elders patrolled the parking lot and if they caught anyone outside they would ask them to come in.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

All the time....

That was the start of the end for me. I would bargain with my wife to say "Ill go, but Im leaving at halftime"

I would come for half the meeting, and it was great because all of the elders noticed me leaving, so they knew something was up.

When they asked, I just gave some excuse: very tired, early morning ahead, etc.

TMS/SM were the worst since we had the most self-righteous, arrogant, Pharasee I have ever encountered conducting the TMS. I HATED that d-bag with a passion. However, I found the service meeting so boring that I usually ended up at the TMS and bailed after that. At least I could get home earlier that way.

Now my routine is this if I go with my wife on the occasional Sunday:

Stop for coffee on the way and get to the KH right at the start of the meeting. Shortly after the talk starts, go out to my car and drink my coffee and listen to the radio. Come in a few minutes after the WT starts and zone out until its over!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Did you often leave half way through the meetings?

No. I was a spiritual man and wanted to continually feast on Jehovah's fine banquet of spiritual food. I was usually sleeping too soundly by then.

W

• yellow
    yellow

There was a Mcdonalds across the road from our hall which was very convenient. Often during long public talks people would start to wander off. They all would end up there. You would usually find the depressives there. We would alll drip back usually toward the end of the W.T.

• thepackage
    thepackage

I would leave during the Talk and get back at the very end of WT. My house was about 1 minute away from the KH so I would tell my ex-wife “I’ll be back, I’m going home to use the restroom”. I’d go home watch TV, have a beer, then I’d drive back to the Hall.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I didn't start doing that until I started fading. I never attend a full meeting now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit