Did you often leave half way through the meetings?

by highdose 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• ziddina
    ziddina

Leave in the middle of the meeting?? Oh Crap no! That's a good way to paint a target on your back...

I just stopped GOING to meetings...

Zid
    j

• jambon1
    jambon1

When we had no children I would sit through the whole lot & then 'take care of my responsibilities'

When we had 1 & then 2 children 'taking care of my responsibilities' bacame extreemly tiring. No-one wanted to help me out.

Eventually, the work load took it's toll (among other matters) & I just walked out of the hall, never to return again.

PS - we had some awful speakers. At times, even when just my wfe & I, we wanted to scream. You just wanted a beer, a bowl of crisps & the TV.

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

I arrived late, and left early all the time. I should have went fishing or out to play pool and drink beer.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

often as I could, in the end every sunday if i went at all

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Never.

But I did spend a lot of time in the bathroom after halftime.

• dudeson
    dudeson

A lot of us used to skip out on the WT to get an early start skiing. I never remember anyone ever saying anything about it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I didn't leave halfway through the boasting session. I didn't show up at all.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I lived walking distance from the hall.

On Sunday afternons, once my toddler started to make noise, I would get up, go outside, walk home, watch an hour or so of football and wander back 5 min. before the final prayer. This would drive my wife nuts!

One time an Elder friend showed up with his toddler right after I got home and we watched football together. Most everyon knew that this JW business was no longer my thing!

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

We were big halftime bolters there toward the end. On week nights it's really tough with kids and homework to be out until 9:45, then get yourself up and out early the next morning. By Sunday you are just wanting a little free time.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Never left at halftime, but toward the end I had a buddy (left the religion years before) who would text me game updates especially on Thursdays and Sundays. It helped pass the time with minimal pain. One night a brother caught me checking my texts and approached me after the meeting. I showed him my "method" for keeping up on games. We had a good laugh until an elder nearby overheard our conversation, made a snarky comment, and walked off. Then the brother got a verbal spanking from his wife and left, giving me a thumbs up as he walked away.

He is still "inside" but I have high hopes for the guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit