Unbelievable!!! ,The Watchtower is still teaching the old generation doctrine!

by 1914BS 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• choosing life
    choosing life

That is crazy. They have this on their current internet site? I read some of it and the leading/loaded language is so obvious. Why didn't I see that 20 years ago?

I was studying with/indoctrinating a person out of the Live Forever book once and her book said something different than mine. I thought she had read it wrong, but nope, it actually said the exact opposite of what my book said. It was about the resurrection/or not of the Sodomites. I had some explaining to do.

So, because the old doctrines are more appealing than the new ones, they just quote from an old publication on the web and hope no one will notice? I have to admit the old explanation of the 1914 generation made a slight bit more sense than the latest nonsense. Still, they wouldn't purposely mislead people, would they?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Because most JW's don't know that it's even changed! They have no idea what they are even supposed to believe now...

• agonus
    agonus

2009 - 1914 = 95.

Ninety-frickin' five.

That's the youngest... the YOUNGEST... anybody from "that generation" would be today.

How many folks over 95 are still alive today?

I mean, seriously, anybody with even BASIC math skills could take one look at this, see the published date of 1986, and add 2+2...

I'm forced to come to one of 2 conclusions:

1) The WT continues to push its luck in insulting the intelligence of the average human being, OR...

2) They're all sitting up there in Bethel, just absolutely laughing their asses off at the poor bastards who hang on their every word and are so spiritually dead they don't even notice this crap any more.

I don't know which is the lesser of these evils.

I mean, honestly, doesn't it make you wonder sometimes if the reason they continue to pull this shit is that maybe their collective subconscious, deep down somewhere, is secretly crying out, "For Christ's sake, don't end up like us - just RUN. LIKE. HELL?!"

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

just absolutely laughing their asses off at the poor bastards who hang on their every word

Thats the one, they realize they have their members captive into mental submission,

spilling out bullshit and when that bullshit comes to the end of its useful or effectiveness ,

they just embark on creating some more convoluted bullshit and ride on that for awhile.

This cult operates and functions more on just mere dates though , there is a lot more than that

to be noted.

• wobble
    wobble

My first reaction,of the knee-jerk type, was to contact them and point out their mistake.

I do so love to be the smart-arse.

Having thought about it it is best left, to show active Dubs that confusion reigns where the H.S is supposedly guiding.

In 2010 I believe they have a talk in the TMS based on the " Reasoning " book's explanation of this, which is equally out of date, should cause some fun.

Love

Wobble

• 1914BS
    1914BS

It should be noted that this web page is actually hidden in the brochure entitled “Look! I Am Making All Things New” evidently published in 1986 . You can access that web page that contains the "old light" as follows:

First go to Watchtower.org
    Click on “index”
    Click on “religion”
    Click on “Look! I Am Making All Things New”

You will then see the first page of the 1986 brochure “Look! I Am Making All Things New” Then scroll down to the bottom right corner of that brochure and you will see an arrow pointing to the right and an arrow pointing straight up. Click on the arrow pointing to the right. You will now see another page entitled “The Book That Explains Paradise”

Keep clicking that right arrow until you see the page entitled “Education for Entering Paradise”

Or just click here http://www.watchtower.org/e/lmn/article_11.htm

So was it simply a mistake by the Watchtower Society . It might be. Of course the Society should be informed of their mistake and that brochure should be taken off their site. Until they do they are going against this scripture:

Now I exhort YOU, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that YOU should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among YOU, but that YOU may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.

• yesidid
  • 1914BS
    1914BS

I just read that thread you posted. Someone said the web page that Randy found was in the 1993 brochure "The Purpose of Life" (I think that is the brochure could be wrong though) Sure enough this latest find is also in a brochure "“Look! I Am Making All Things New” . Strange why the Society would want to hide old light inside of brochures isn't it?

Now Iwonder if the web page that Randy found is still their ... lets have a look see ...

• moshe
    moshe
    -How many folks over 95 are still alive today?

A few years ago The Social Securty office gave the statistic that someone born today has a 1 in 10,000 chance of living to the age of 100. More likely, it was 1 in 100,000 for someone born in 1914. Any claimed prophetic Bible message dealing with 1914 is just pure poppycock and I don't mean carmel corn. The WT Society ain't gonna have a big 100th anniversary party in 2014, that's for sure.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    Strange why the Society would want to hide old light inside of brochures isn't it?

I think you're on to something there.

The brochures are for the uncommitted, unknowing and unsuspecting. The pubs barely read them, so the gb can get away with it.

y

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit