Recent assembly

by Iwonder17 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

Went to the assembly this weekend. major topics were:

1) stop using internet,facebook,myspace,email,texting and spend more time studying and in service.

My mate quit their facebook page when we came home LOL

2) Maybe I am just more tuned into it now, but they mentioned "apostate" a lot more this time around, espicially when talking about the internet.

It keeps me thinking, if there is nothing to hide, then why is there such a big push not to look? It's like an ugly girlfriend not wanting her boyfriend to look at the girls on the beach

• cantleave
    cantleave

Was this the special assembly day?

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's like an ugly girlfriend not wanting her boyfriend to look at the girls on the beach

LMAO

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

Not the Special assembly day, it was the regular 2 day assembly

Theme - Safeguard your Spirituality ----aka, only listen us us

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

It's like an ugly girlfriend not wanting her boyfriend to look at the girls on the beach

I like ugly girls. They put out better.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Did they really say no more e-mail, facebook, internet, etc, or did they just say not to spend so much time using them? I mean the Watchtower and Bible Tract Society has their own web page. Well, hey, I'm on here, so keeping my facebook account with all my d-fd friends shouldn't be a problem.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Especially the internet.........Dam that JWN

• compound complex
    compound complex

Interesting ... at our CA the term was used three times only (I was listening closely and taking notes). It was used twice by the DO:

'I'm not saying Brother So-and-So is an apostate, but he sure sounds like one ... I don't understand anything he's talking about.' [reference to Bro. S-a-S's higher learning] The DO said the brother was his friend and that he loved him.

The one other reference to apostasy was not in connection with the net, etc. No comments re: facebook and the like.

So different, eh?!?!?

Thanks,

CoCo

• moshe
    moshe

Bad, bad internet. You know, if the WT org wanted they could just have all JW's log on here 24/7- register accounts and overwhelm the good guys. The forum operates just fine as long as 99% of the JW's stay away.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

I would love to know what exactly was said regarding Facebook, if you can remember. If it's just the same old "don't waste too much time on that stuff" line, then that's one thing. But if it's a directive to avoid Facebook altogether, that's another thing entirely.

If the WTS comes down squarely against Facebook, that's going to really tweak a lot of the friends. TONS of Witnesses are on Facebook. Not just "weak publishers" either. Lots of pioneers, ministerial servants, even some elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit