Recent assembly

by Iwonder17 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Maninthemiddle, and welcome to the forum!

I was surprised, not having been to any assembly or convention for 4 years, by the DO's humility and kindness. It seemed to me a change in tone. Perhaps it was just the man's own personality coming through. I posted elsewhere his concluding Sunday afternoon by asking that the audience pray for him and sister DO, as 'we, too, are in pain and become lonely.'

So as to your question, the context was regarding the perils of higher learning and its deleterious effects upon JW spirituality. His beloved friend was very intelligent, leading to his becoming deeply involved in research and outside reading. The point was that his dear friend was straying from the Organization in his thoughts and speech. The quotation I put up and that you cited is nearly verbatim, though, if I recall, the acknowledgement of their friendship preceded the DO's consternation over his very intelligent friend's going off the deep end, as it's considered by JWs who keep strictly to the pubs and avoid outside reading.

Hope this helps.

CoCo

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Oh, CoCo! I am so deeply touched by your observations.

It occurs to me that I myself am moved to pray for that man and his wife, and surely he was not asking for "apostates" to pray for him (at the very least he couldn't dare conceive of it.) No doubt it would frighten him to know from whence strength and blessings really come...

Love,
    Baba.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Baba:

A touching statement of your own magnanimity and compassion ...

Despite some bombast and a few unsubstantiated comments by the DO, I was moved by what I perceived to be his authentic personality.

Thanks!

Love,

CoCo

• iMARX
    iMARX

I wish I had the guts to go back to an assembly and be a spy!!! I think I might do one day. I live about 10 mins from the DA venue and I've purposely walked passed in the shortest skirt and rudest top I had. I loved the looks I got. I wish I had have been holding hands with my girlfriend too but can't have everything can we? :P

How did you get back into the assembly? My mum still goes, so I could go with her but all she would do is try and preach to me and think I was going back. She wouldn't let me go with her if she knew I was going just to exploit their ignorance. I might go to the circuit A's one where no one knows me lol!

Any tips on how to infiltrate their assembly??

• zombie dub
    zombie dub
    I've purposely walked passed in the shortest skirt and rudest top I had.

Pictures or it isn't true.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I take it you are female iMARX

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'd love to go to a different assembly some time, pretend to be a relatively new Bible study, and ask a bunch of tough questions to a bunch of people during the lunch break. Plant a couple dozen seeds. Drop the name of jwfacts and freeminds a few times. I've also considered making up a bunch of cards with website addresses on them and putting them on people's cars while they're inside the meeting.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I wanna go to an assembly. I really miss those naps after lunch! oh they were delicious

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Imarx if you go let me know I wanna go too ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit