Seeking links to help Deaf learn about the WT via sign language ASL

by Mad Sweeney 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Anyone have links to any sign language video help to get deaf people thinking about leaving WT?

• asilentone
    asilentone

I might do that one day but I still have JW family that is still in the org. I cannot do it at this time.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Mad Sweeney

I do not know how to help you with this. Important thing is that Deafies should be able to learn english or other languages to take advantages of apostate rich and vast knowledge of watchtower to help themselves leave the cult. Sights like JWN and freeminds.org are a must for all regardless of one's disability status. Its too early to think of individuals producing ASL literatures to expose JW teachings at this time. Mad Sweeney ,Your interest to help Deafies in this regard is greatly admired as myself is a Deaf person.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TUO-FdsxWQ

I don't know what he said, but some of you will.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Wow, a great thank you OnTheWayOut . I will email a copy to some deafies I know.This is a great vedeo.

Scott77

• asilentone
    asilentone

Yes, it is a good video, it is obvious that he was never a JW. I think it would be better if it was coming from ex JW. Maybe Awakened at Gilead can do ASL videos for us? He knows ASL and he was in ASL congregation in NY. He has done hearing videos about JW on youtube. If anyone wants to email him, you can reach him here at JWN, look at the member directory.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Thank you asilentone for idea. Of course, I will take care of that. He is in contact with me.

• asilentone
    asilentone

(never mind)

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Can't they read?

• asilentone
    asilentone

If you are asking if I understand him on the video, the answer is Yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit