The phrase "The Truth"

by lepermessiah 35 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

The term "The Truth" is not limitd to the JW's, I know several groups who use the term to refer to their doctrinal views.

RR

• Chalam
    Chalam

J D. I think Kurt meant that you address that question to Dubs. A christian would have no problem with it, they would just reply "of course, he is in me,and me in him"

Agreed!

the Dubs though would be stumped, how on earth do they reply without denying the truth of what Jesus says ?

I think Kurt has hit on a"Silver Bullet" question.

I asked two JWs at my house if they we "in Christ", after all the New Testament mentions this phrase/concept around a hundred times . They had no answer and just looked at me with blank expressions

Blessings, Stephen
  • Gayle
    Gayle

"The Truth" phrase was a neat little package word referring to anything that was JW organizational.

• looking4peace
    looking4peace

I catch myself saying "the truth" when referring to whether or not a relative or acquaintance is still active as one of Jehovah's Witnesses and it frustrates me and makes me back up every time. Hopefully it won't take me much longer to purge that term from my vocabulary.

L4P

• cheerios
    cheerios

i dont use that word in conjunction with anything dubbish ... took awhile to break the habit ... but now that i'm not deluded anymore, no sense in combining those terms

• Maddie
    Maddie

All cults say they have the "Truth". It is all part of the mind control tactics they use. I agree it is a very arrogant assumption but appeals to the "we are the chosen ones psychology". It is very effective as a tool in the art of manipulation and mind control.

Maddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit