New CO 70 yrs old, "youre not doing enough" school. Sigh

by monkeyman 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

Got our new CO. Old school guy, 70 yrs old. MO is "youre all not doing enough". Sigh.

Three yrs of this asshole.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Just let him know that when you get a free car from Watchtower Corp. (like the CO) and reimbursement from Brooklyn (like the CO) AND from the local congregation (like the CO) AND from the circuit (like the CO) for ALL your expenses, AND free housing, then you will be able to do a lot more!

Ask him if he's available to work in service for a long day MONDAY!

What, you get Monday off to do personal things? Wow, I have to work Mondays then come home and do personal things.

Okay, how about Tuesday morning?

Oh, you get Tuesday morning off, too, in order to get ready for the meeting at the congregation? Wow, I had to work Tuesday and get studied for the meeting on Monday night during my personal time, because I wouldn't have time to study once I get home from work, eat, and get dressed.

Jeez, COs have it a lot easier than Bethelites.

Just tell the old fart that if I'm not doing enough, he can do it himself.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Work on fading out of there. Do less and less and don't take three years to get out of there. That will show him.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Billy sometimes I want to take you by the face and lay a big wet one on ya. Did I share too much?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"So I invited my return visit to your talk and I explained that you were the Circuit Overseer. He asked if you were a Bishop or a Priest? I said I wasn't sure because you get paid and are a member of a religious order and rank above elders of many congregations, so I guess you would be a Bishop. However, since local elders aren't paid, they would only be lay preachers, so the CO would be the lowest order of paid clergy, like a Priest. So, as a paid clergyman are you a Bishop or a Priest?"

• moshe
    moshe

I try and remember old CO's- and I was an elder 30+ years ago- but it is just a blank. I can remember a couple names, that is all. That line has to be at least 100 years old. Am I glad I don't have to listen to those pompous CO's anymore.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Billy. You nailed it.

• song19
    song19

had to say Billy... loved your posts!

• TMS
    TMS

lol, Billy. . . . .

just to add: Prepared meals served precisely at noon on weekdays, health insurance, green handshakes above and beyond "expenses". all of the congregation's Bible studies rescheduled for a two hour afternoon Wednesday to Friday window if you want CO or CO wife accompaniment. Frequently, if a congregation has a morning Sunday meeting, the CO is a "no-show" for afternoon field service. Actual field service may also be limited by "shepherding call" on some person inactive since the 50's and the extended break at McDonalds.

Let me give my most flagrant example of the CO lifestyle: In 1970 I was a young Congregation Overseer in rural Arkansas. I was driving 60 miles round trip to a part-time minimum wage job, pioneering and trying to serve the congregation. Our new CO was from Dallas, tanned, well-dressed and, as I later learned a scratch golfer. On Tuesday, we were to meet to "go over the records". Since he was late and I knew the routine, I started figuring the ministerial servants hours, etc., the meeting attendance, territory coverage, etc. He poked his head in the Kingdom Hall about an hour late, apologizing and saying he would have to take a shower. I continued working, accounts, literature, etc. When he finally showed I had finished everything. He was sort of stunned, did a few checks of my figures and said: "Well, we're done." He then asked if I played golf and if there was a good golf course close by.

On Wednesday night, a fire broke out at a sister's house. Before going over there I called the CO to see if he wanted to go with me. He begged off, saying he had consumed a glass of wine and didn't want to offend. I went alone.

On Saturday afternoon after field service, Bro. CO handed me a talk outline. He was being called out of town in an urgent matter. Would I give the Public Talk for him?

I kid you not.

tms

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

We had a CO who gave a scathing talk to the congregation about being Danites. Thats the tribe that said they help fight to defend israel but didn't show up when the battle happened. He said our whole congregation was made up of Danites. Not enough service etc. He was a screamer as well. What a tool.I guess he didn't notice that at least 35% of the congregation was in their late 70's and early 80's. A real understanding type of guy. Hope he's stuck in the desert somewhere preaching to lizards. W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit