New CO 70 yrs old, "youre not doing enough" school. Sigh

by monkeyman 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

it's not Gene Seely is it? Sounds like the right age and breed. Seriously, like otwo just said, those types do more to discourage people who are on the edge anyway. It did for me. I think that those types are still the majority. There are some compassionate types but I don't see them keeping up the numbers. hang back, nod your head and let him get all spun up.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Billy,

You are so cool!

Sour Grapes

• inbetween
    inbetween

guess we have been lucky last two turns, relatively young and even at times funny CO, who really tried to be encouraging and refreshing, of course, being limited by the org-rules, it is only an attempt, but still....

I wonder, if they, being rather smart individuals, see throug some things and struggle themselves...but how to find out ?

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Billy, great comments.

In my Da'd letter I addressed the Governing Body and asked them how THEY get to decide how many hours we (rank & file) should be at meetings, service or putting into study each week, when they lived in the WT fairytale land of no regular jobs, no bills to pay, no kids to raise, with free health care, laundry service, maid services and cooks to make and serve all their meals. I am like How the HELL do you even know what goes on in the real world and the stress real people like myself are under?? And then YOU get to decide how much slaving for the organization we have to do on top of our already tight schedules? Yeah Right! Thats when I told them to kiss my arse.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

BILLY: Just let him know that when you get a free car from Watchtower Corp. (like the CO) and reimbursement from Brooklyn (like the CO) AND from the local congregation (like the CO) AND from the circuit (like the CO) for ALL your expenses, AND free housing, then you will be able to do a lot more!

Ask him if he's available to work in service for a long day MONDAY!

What, you get Monday off to do personal things? Wow, I have to work Mondays then come home and do personal things.

Okay, how about Tuesday morning?

Oh, you get Tuesday morning off, too, in order to get ready for the meeting at the congregation? Wow, I had to work Tuesday and get studied for the meeting on Monday night during my personal time, because I wouldn't have time to study once I get home from work, eat, and get dressed.

Jeez, COs have it a lot easier than Bethelites.

Just tell the old fart that if I'm not doing enough, he can do it himself.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Woe to you, scholars of the law! You impose on people burdens to carry, but you yourselves do not lift one finger to touch them." Luke 11:46

http://www.144000.110mb.com/

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, if we are not doing enough, how would they like it if they don't get anything at all? I would like to see the whole congregation walk out when the hounder-hounder makes that kind of comment.

Not only that, but why do they suppose people cannot do more? Try working two jobs to barely make ends meet because the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger told them not to do college and get a better job. You often have to work evenings, sometimes in addition to working days and/or nights. This often translates to working 50 or 60 hours a week, to just barely make ends meet, because of this rule against college. Then they b**** because people are not always at the boasting sessions and they don't put in 500 hours of field circus a month.

• undercover
    undercover
    MO is "youre all not doing enough".

We had a CO that came on strong with that message...and it worked wonders.

His exact message was, "If you're not doing enough in Jehovah's the organization's service, then why bother?" and I thought, "hey, he's right, why bother?" So, I quit. Thanks Mr. CO...

• hubert
    hubert

TMS said...."green handshakes above and beyond "expenses".

I wonder if they claim the "Green" as income on their tax forms????

Hubert

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

TMS,

How could I forget about the health insurance?

Hey monkeyman, ask the 70 year-old fart if the bOrg is covering his health insurance and meds, or if Medicare is footing the bill. In the US, I bet the bills go to Uncle Sam for payment, not Watchtower Corp.

Nice.

At 70, I bet he is also getting a monthly Social Security check, and his wife does, too. I bet that money doesn't make it into any contribution boxes.

Nice. Nice. Nice.

"It's good that you faithful COs can rely on Satan's system for financial and medical support in your old age. I'm sure Jehovah will go easy on the sheeplike US Federal Government since they have cared for the needs of Jehovah's people in these last days. (Matt. 25: 34-40)"

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Billy you are a star!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit