Question regarding Holy Spirit...

by tenyearsafter 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

PS - Thanks for the explanation...that actually makes sense when looked at in that context.

JD - I appreciate what you are saying, but I don't know that we have any conclusive proof that the 1st century believers accepted the Trinity as we know it today. I suspect that they might have thought of Jesus as God, but I don't know that they connected the Holy Spirit to a Godhead. I am no scholar, but maybe you have additional references that show that.

jeremiajs - still waiting for a reply...

TYA

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

I appreciate what you are saying, but I don't know that we have any conclusive proof that the 1st century believers accepted the Trinity as we know it today. I suspect that they might have thought of Jesus as God, but I don't know that they connected the Holy Spirit to a Godhead. I am no scholar, but maybe you have additional references that show that.

ME: So what? Understanding evolves. And there is conclusive proof that they worshipped in a Trinitarian pattern. The Jewish Christians, the pillars, had much wrong and it also evolved. Read these links:

17) The Trinity in the Bible: Elemental Trinitarianism is evident throughout the Bible.

18) The Trinity in the Old Testament.

19) The Trinity in the New Testament.

a) Matthew 28:19 ----------------------------------------------------------b) 1 Corinthians 12:4-6 -----------------------------------------------

c) 2 Corinthians 13:13 (14) -----------------------------------------------

d) Romans 8:9-11 -------------------------------------------------------------

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

JD - Interesting and certainly can make for a solid argument against the JW interpretation. I still don't agree with your "so what?", but that is ok. If understanding truly evolves, then the current understanding of the Trinity could be different in the future. Anyway, thanks for the thought provoking references.

TYA

• jonathan dough

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit