Planted a seed today... Update on de-program of my 16 year old son

by Aussie Oz 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Well, some of you know that i have a 16 year old son who lives with his JW mother. She has already mastered the art of guilt control on him. I am most anxious that he not get baptized at all or at least unless he has really understood the whole truth, not just the watchtower truth. I have taken a lot of your comments on board in how to handle this.

i will use this post to keep any that are interested on any happenings with this issue.

Had a bit of a chat today about the internet (which i know he likes to use at my place). in his use of the net today i found one site he visited was one i had visited to get a pdf of a society publication. he would have only found that link by looking thru a file in my folders called 'jw' (not sure how i feel about him knowing i am doing research etc)

It began with me asking if they still had no internet at home, how did his step dad buy stuff online without it?(Library) And it led to yeah, i know the witnesses dont really like the net much do they? led it to talking about China, and how a lot of the net is off limits to the people by government control. I asked him why he thought the chinese govt would want to stop its people accessing the whole internet... his answer was maybe they didn't want the people to read bad stuff about them?

Led to mentioning the scientologists who also control internet usage among its followers, and now why on earth would a religion want to do that? Surely if a government or religion had nothing to hide, they wouldn't try to stop or limit the use of the internet? he agreed with this too.

I know of course that there are a lot of places on the internet that one would not want a kid to go too, but at least i had him thinking about restrictions as not only protection but also as a negitive information control measure.

small seed planted. This is a smart kid and i must get him to think for himself before it is too late.

Oz

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Great way to do it! Let him see it in other organizations without attacking the borg directly. Pretty soon he'll make the connection for himself. Good luck!

• JAFO
    JAFO

Hi bro.. nice one.. with a little luck he was poking around in some of the other stuff in that folder too.. (I assume that's where you keep your PDF of CoC..) This is good.. it would be nice to be able to talk to my nephew next time I'm down your way...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Good move.

I never hesitate to slag off a cult for doing something that the WT does too.

Cheers

Chris

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Aussie said:

Led to mentioning the scientologists who also control internet usage among its followers, and now why on earth would a religion want to do that? Surely if a government or religion had nothing to hide, they wouldn't try to stop or limit the use of the internet? he agreed with this too.

• possible-san
    possible-san

Aussie Oz.

I think that he needs to meet you periodically.

Then, he will be certainly influenced by your view.

Probably, IMO, there are no other methods of saving him.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I think that he needs to meet you periodically.

Then, he will be certainly influenced by your view

He does see me 1 day each 2 weeks. Not enough and trying to get more.

cheers

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well done! Keep chipping away at the mind control. Keep us posted. THANKS

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

JAFO

everything i have collected is in that file! Gotta be careful if he tells his mum of all this stuff the shit'll he the fan. But, then, i dont think he's told her that he found naked ladies on daddy's computer! so maybe he wont!

Cheers

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, Aussie Oz.

He does see me 1 day each 2 weeks.

Probably, he may have his PC and a mobile phone.
    You may be able to talk with him by e-mail periodically.

Or you write letters and can send to him.

When you do not do that, probably you will be defeated by his mother.
    Because she meets him every day.

possible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit