• snowbird
    snowbird

The Binity, maybe?

Just kidding.

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Snowbird,

The HS is almost a non-issue as being God, The HS is God's spirit as such, the HS is God so if you are a "binitarian" that, be default, makes you a trinitarian, LOL !

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL!!!

Sylvia

• sinis
    sinis

Man... you guys make great party goers...

Seriously, why waste your time on subjects that can only be speculated on? like I've said before, how do you even know that what you have been taught is the "truth"? RELIGION is a product of TIME and GEOGRAPHY!

Faith? Like the old saying goes, "Wish in one hand, shit in the other. See which one fills up first."

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

In Strong and Vine’s the power is the “Power of the Holy Spirit” (at 162), which is the Spirit of God (Romans 9:8-11 RSV), and Jehovah (or Lord RSV) is the Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:17 NWT). The Holy Spirit is not simply an inert unthinking electrical current flowing from Jehovah God. It is a powerful spirit Person.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-8.html#38

• snowbird
    snowbird

Chill out, Sinis.

It's all good.

Sylvia

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

You: The Creator is the God of the Bible - OT and NT. The Father is also God, but not the Creator.

Me: You seem to be claiming that God the Father did not create the universe.

You: I am. I believe God, who later became the Son, did the creating.

-------------------------------------

ME: This isn't the Trinity without the Holy Spirit. It's your invention, albeit well-intentioned. You should probably get up off your knees and sit in a chair behind a desk and re-read scripture if you believe that God the Father did not create the universe or have any role in it. You might also want to learn the difference between the Father as the third person of the Trinity, and the Father which usually is a synonym for the triune God. No offense meant.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index.html

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Not only is the HS the spirit of God and as such has the qualities of God and anythign else God chooses to give it, but the HS is also Jesus's HS, I forget which passage from Paul says that, sorry.

Crappy memory....

Edit:

2 Corinthians 3:17

17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect a the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Paul was speaking of how, only turning to Chirst is the "veil" taken away.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    but the HS is also Jesus's HS, I forget which passage from Paul says that, sorry.

Romans 8:9-11 and 2 Cor 3:17

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/i-2.html#IV

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Yes, Romans was the other one:

9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit