OT God YHWH versus Jesus' Father

by Mad Sweeney 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    He became the Son only at His taking on flesh.

This is not what Christianity teaches. He was God's son before He assumed a human nature. His birth to Mary did not make Him God's son. Basic stuff.

(5) We can only rightly understand the term “the only begotten” when used of the Son, in the sense of un-originated relationship. (5a) The begetting is not an event of time, however remote, but a fact irrespective of time. (5b) The Christ did not become, but necessarily and eternally is the Son. He, a Person, possesses every attribute of pure Godhood. (5c) This necessitates eternity, absolute being; in this respect He is not ‘after’ the Father;

(8) In Jn 3:16 the statement, “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son” must not be taken to mean that Christ became the only begotten son by incarnation. (8a) The value and greatness of the gift lay in the Sonship of Him who was given. (8b) His Sonship was not the effect of His being given. (Strong and Vine’s, 167)

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-6.html#32

• zombie dub
    zombie dub
    Boy, are you in for a big surprise.

ooo, what is it? a present?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Wow, really? What brings you to that novel conclusion?

Careful Bible reading under the guidance of Holy Spirit.

Do a little more listening and you'll find it's not such a novelty.

As an elderly lady once said, "We need more kneeology and less theology."

This is not what Christianity teaches.

I know. Boy, do I know!

Sylvia

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

So...you think Jesus was a clone?

Of who?

Would that make Jehovah a person? If so, then that could not be who King David worshipped.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub
    Careful Bible reading under the guidance of Holy Spirit.

I came to the same conclusion with no bible reading and Methylated Spirit.

Or, actually, no wait, that was something completely different.

• sinis
    sinis

Actually you would be suprised. Why is it that people devote themselves to the teachings of some book that is so full of shit its hard to wade through it without getting your boots dirty? The Bible is a rip off of old Sumerian, Greek, Roman, Eastern, etc. religions and writings.

God loves you? Hahahaha - yea thats why he has not done shit for man since the dawn of time. Jehovah loves you? Hahaha - yea thats why he killed millions of people in the OT all for what, land? Hmm, though shall not steal appearently does not apply to him. ...but he loves me, and sent his Son for our salvation... yea, right. Any factual proof outside of the Bible of Jesus existance is non-existant - except for the frauds of the Church through Josephus and Eusebius, etc. I wish people would explore the horizon, read other works outside of the Bible and put two and two together...

Its ALL crap.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

I believe there are two real divine Beings who make up God - the Creator and the Father.

What verses back this up? Or did you come by this through revelation? Can you explain who the Creator and Father are? You seem to be claiming that God the Father did not create the universe. I'm listening.

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/index.html#home

• sinis
    sinis

"Creator"? You have a better chance of explaining "seeding", via Ancient Astronaut theory, coupled with mathematical probability that indicates numerous planets out there that can sustain and have life, over a mythical, invisible, impotent diety...

• snowbird
    snowbird
    What verses back this up?

Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21.

Or did you come by this through revelation?

Revelation.

Can you explain who the Creator and Father are?

The Creator is the God of the Bible - OT and NT. The Father is also God, but not the Creator.

You seem to be claiming that God the Father did not create the universe.

I am. I believe God, who later became the Son, did the creating.

I'm listening.

Very good.

Sylvia

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

Hey Sylvia, basically - you are preaching the trinity, but without the Holy Spirit. Makes sense really, cos the Holy Spirit only ever has a cameo part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit