How are you faders doing?

by pat1060 35 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Not very good right now

• wobble
    wobble

I am doing great,thanks

I didn't exactly fade, I intended to, but once I stopped going to meetings,I couldn't face going back, I even hated the sight of a K.Hall at first.

I observe a strange pattern in my eventual exit, I resigned as a M.S in spring 2006, I stopped going in F.S in spring 2007, and I stopped going to the Hall in spring 2008. Just coincidence I guess.

I just hope there is no eventual Witch Hunt against us faders, at present my family and any Dubs I meet all speak to me in the most friendly manner,it would be nice if it stays that way.

Love

Wobble

• pat1060
    pat1060

Truthseekeriam....sorry,sometimes I feel that way.But there is some wonderful advice and encouragement here...

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

In January, I just stopped! Call for Field service, don't dodge it, just say Zero hours, Really what can they do? I had an Elder call and I said t was not an appropriate time to talk. My wife is still very active. I just decided to live by the rules I was making not the ones the cult was.

The best advice I have is enjoy the fact you have been freed and adjust your viewpoint. I loved saying "zero hours". Asked why I was not at a meeting, said I was busy. It p*ssed off some elders but there was nothing they could do. I loved screwing with them. They knew it and stopped bothering me.

I tried the slow fade years ago and it was painful and long and never ended.

I highly recommend growing a set and just quitting. (and yes my WHOLE family is in)

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Thanks Pat.

We stopped going a few months ago completely. It's kinda lonely right now and our parents are starting to turn on us. I have always been really close to my mother and it really hurts seeing our relationship slowly falling apart.

On the other hand it' s so freeing to not have to sit and listen to the BS feed at the KH and look at people who have hurt you deeply, and it's awesome seeing my kids thriving and reaching out to new friends and just being normal kids. They actually get to play outside on Sat morning or just sleep in and watch TV in their PJ's if they want.

• laverite
    laverite

Bumping this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit