Elder won't marry mum because my brother's gay

by iMARX 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sspo
    sspo

Only perfect witnesses get to marry and use the KH.

We had one brother that averaged 5 hours a month in service and the body of elders would not allow him to use the KH.

The disgusting thing is everytime work needed to be done on the KH, such as roofing and other hard work, they had no problem

at all in using him.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is just plain stupid. I can understand a religion choosing not to perform gay marriages (even many states and countries will not do it). But, if the person trying to get married is merely in the family with someone who is gay, and you refuse to do the straight marriage, you are effectively punishing an innocent person for a "sin" committed by another family member. The same is true if they refuse to marry one family member because another family member is apostate--which they do all the time.

Shame on those witlesses.

• dozy
    dozy

The Feb 15th Watchtower has an article on acceptable & unacceptable home & family living arrangements - you can hear it on jw.org (scroll 1/2 way through the Question from Readers http://download.jw.org/files/media_magazines/w_E_20100215_07.mp3 )

What is somewhat ironic is that the article says that it isn't the business of the organisation to give a long list of rules (hmmm - what about blood & blood products) - then goes on to essentially give a list of acceptable & unacceptable arrangements.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Another fine article by the WTS.WTF?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

i concure WTF

• iMARX
    iMARX

OMG im listening to this link and it's horrificly funny!!! I can't believe I spent 18 years of my life believing this shyte!

As Carpediem says, Luke isn't DF'd but according to this passage being read out to me, his lifestyle may be deemed wrong by the "community". That's what the elder said in fact: "His lifestyle is widely known about!" LOL it's not like it's plastered all over the internet.

Thanks for the repsonses though, guys :)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The Kingdom Ministry has recently issued some pretty strict guidelines for the use of Kingdom Halls for weddings. I am sorry that I did not note the date but it was this year.

• DJK
    DJK

We'll just add that to the list of reasons/excuses guys use to avoid marriage. (Because they just don't want to get married)

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Stillin said:

That's his business. We all have our baggage to carry, don't we?

Actually, refusing to marry someone is making it THEIR problem.

The WT is about behavior and thought control, not fellowship and charity.

Why does anyone go anymore? Hard to know. The meetings are boring, they are very interested in your sex life and want to abolish or control most of it, and to top it all off, you are NOT a brother of christ or a child of god.

Why go? Stay home and read an inspirational book.

Get married in the park by a JP; at least nature won't reject you for not being the perfect little dubbie.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Elton John is Gay..

So..

I`m not going to marry your mom either..

....................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit