Are the JW's just as superstitious as any other religion?

by dissed 21 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD
    In my opinion they are more superstitious than most.

By far.

I helped a JW family move a few years ago and in the process forget a really nice coffee cup. Later that day, somebody else washed it and put it away in the kitchen of the new house.

When the strange cup was found a few days later, they took it outside and broke it with a hammer. Cups that mysteriously appear with no explanation are obviously demonized.

• dissed
    dissed

After reading a number of comments here, the general consensus is that they are MORE superstitious than most religions.

With the JW's its not just a 'past on tradition', but has been made into a set of rules that are well defined to control their life, then enforced by peer pressure.

And whats odd, is they don't see themselves at all this way, to the point of even mocking other religions for being silly with their superstitions.

Some of the JW's may be carrying these over from their past religions, then adapting them to WT beliefs. But no one on the WTS even tries to correct and free them from this bondage. to the contrary, seem to encourage the fear.

My conclusion? Another way to control people. Keep the fear always before them, and THEY will protect you. Leave us and you are doomed. Similar to a drug dealer, keeping his clients addicted, and always coming back for more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit