Just Thought I'd Share..

by AwSnap 16 Replies latest jw friends

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

We have some close, NoN-jw extended family staying with us....they drove 700 miles to get here. They will be here for a week....so far it's been about 5 days and my jw sibling has seen them for ONE HOUR. My sibling has been doing field service, family study, there's a meeting tonight, and family worship night. My parents have been fighting constantly since my aunt arrived (she's been staying with my parents). I am really mad at them...its just so rude! And I am pretty sure my aunt is planning on confronting them (my parents) about their constant, hatred filled bickering, and will be throwing in there that 'part of the reason she will NEVER become a jw is due to their poor example they set'. Good. They deserve it. . Oh, did I mention that my father is an elder?

Just thought I'd share.

• cantleave
    cantleave

You will be able tell them by the love they show - lol.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

JW''s are their own biggest stumbling block, no wonder when people think JW's they think cult or they think "those people that go door-to-door and don't get blood transfusion".

Pretty much sums up their existence.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Jeeeeeeeez, what a bad example. When I was a jw and married to a jw, I took my beatings in silence. I never cried out or screamed for fear of giving a bad witness to the neighbors. My crazy jw husband, however, screamed his head off.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Here's the solution. Everybody calm down, sit in a big circle on the floor and read this line for line out loud, after you print it out. Then everybody will be happy.

http://144000.110mb.com/index.html

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Your family sounds like mine....Family get-togethers are considered a success if no fist fights break out.....

• xeracia
    xeracia

As I have gotten older, and out of the religion, I have decided that the fights are the best part of family get togethers. I just pop some popcorn, sit back and watch with amusement. It's much better than letting it annoy you. And really, since you can't do anything about it, it is a great way to handle them.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Thanks all. I think field service is going to be put on hold today *gaSP* so my sibling can hang with the family.

• JAFO
    JAFO
    Here's the solution. Everybody calm down, sit in a big circle on the floor and read this line for line out loud, after you print it out. Then everybody will be happy.
    http://144000.110mb.com/index.html

Boy.. I really hope Simon programs an "ignore this poster" feature for this forum soon.. now that's a "solution" I could live with..

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Well, the visit is over...they went home yesterday

Just wanted to mention: we had an outting with my cousin, aunt, me, my sibling and spouse & their baby. During our excursion through a museum ,there was a point where some photographers take your picture and then at the end of the tour you can choose whether you want to purchase it or not. My cousin and I LOVED the picture & we purchased enough for everybody in it. I asked my sibling's spouse if they wanted a copy...I worried they wouldn't since there was a Christmas tree on each side of our group. I said, "I was just thinking that if you buy a frame small enough, it'll take the Christmas trees right out of the picture." Before my sentence was even finished, *spouse* said "Of course we want the picture! I don't care if there's Christmas trees in it! I have NO problem with trees with lights in them!"

So as we were walking away from our lunch table, I said quietly enough just so *spouse* could hear: "So, if I were to tell you that we have a beautiful tree with lights up in OUR home, would you say the same thing?" He looked me dead in the eye with a very serious face and said "I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT."......and walked away from me. WHAT A HYPOCRITE!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit