Just Thought I'd Share..

by AwSnap 16 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

AWSNAP- Glad you got to visit with your non-JW relatives. That was I imagine an interesting experience for you seeing the expression on the spouses face when you asked him if they would mind YOU having a tree with pretty lights. LOL! The thing about JW's is they make their own personal rules up as they go. They will follow something one time, but another time they'll do the complete opposite. I think you nailed it right with the word : hypocrisy

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Ah... family...

... the ties that bind...

... and gag.

• besty
    besty

JAFO - I think I love you :-) 26 posts and calling out for an iggy button for a persistent PITA

awsnap - apologies for hijacking your thread, but someone had to commend JAFO

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Oh besty, you thread stealer youuuuu

Actually, I wasn't sure where jafo was going with that either. I checked out that website jonathandough suggested & didn't think it was dumb.

• JAFO
    JAFO

Thanks besty..

I wasn't saying I think jonathan's site is dumb, just that I think his comment was totally inappropriate.. suggesting AwSnap do something guaranteed to cause huge conflict in what ought to be a friendly family get-together.. and all just to push his site and his particular flavour of "christianity"..

jonathan dough has gotten my goat a few times since I joined here, and at some point I can see myself tearing strips off his insensitive, arrogant arse..

<end threadjack>

It sounds as if things settled down a bit towards the end of the visit, AwSnap.. I'm glad.. being on tenterhooks the whole time can't have been much fun for you..

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Isn't life wonderful since we're all so different? See, in MY perspective, I knew it was a completely sarcastic comment (since I'm very sarcastic too). But I never saw any other comments from him....so now I can sort of see where you're coming from JAFO.

OKAY....THREAD JACK ENDED!!!

I'm just really over the toxic way my parents are. I've ordered some books on that exact subject http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/59414/1/Toxic-Parents-Toxic-Religion and feel I will be ready to cut off all ties with them pretty soon. And on the bright side, I still have the best feeling in the world, knowing I've just spent a fantastic week with people who really know the meaning of unconditional love. And the Xmas tree my cousin helped me buy & decorate is AWESOME!!!

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

....by the way, I realized that Besty really does love JAFO....I thought you were being sarcastic, Besty . And Besty, I didn't realize that anybody else knew what PITA means! I thought my best friend invented that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit