The Great Crowd Don't Even Inherit the Earth.

by cantleave 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Can someone quote the WT that talks about annointed 'being' on earth. Inheriting the earth vs being on it.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Coming back to the original focus of this topic, the quote provided by BluesBrother is very interesting in regards to the WTS rhetoric regarding "inherting" the earth. It reminds me of a phrased use so often by JWs. In regards to this situation it would probably be argued that the other sheep inherit the Earth "in a sense".

It is clear that the Watchtower technically interprets the phrase as regarding to the anointed. I believe this view is present in the very recent Insight book. What is intersting is how WT arguments bypass this technical interpretation by providing a direct link to other sheep. My own personal belief was that they may say that the other sheep inherit the earth in talks and convention parts, but that it never has officially been in print. In this way they could push the membership towards beleiving that the WTS teaches one thing, when in fact the official doctrine is exactly the opposite. The quote provided by BB disproves this assumption. The WTS actually goes out and says that the other sheep do inherit the earth, thus contradicting their other, more technical, explanation.

This could be the product of two situations. Either the WT writer is being deliberatly manipulative, or he is ignorant of his own religions interpretations. I tend to fall along the latter argument. I believe that the idea of the "meek inheriting the earth" refering to the other sheep is such a widespread belief among the JW membership, it is not surprising that this has made its way into a publication. The writers of the article are most likely ignorant of the official teachings, something that let the 04' passage slip into the magazine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit