"Meet my J.C. representation"

by Simon 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

One of the things I'd like to see / do ...

When they are about to give some poor young brother or sister a 'spiritual going over' in one of their damn judicial committes and have lined up three or more elders to intimidate the errant one:

The 'victim' announces they have some people to help represent them as a dozen rough-looking apostates march in and stand behind the suddenly-less-confident-looking 'representatives of the most high god jehovah' looking over their shoulders to show them what it really feels like to have the the fear of god put into you.

Wouldn't that be nice?

• LB
    LB

Oh that would be very nice indeed. I have always thought it was so unfair that a person is alone in there. Especially when it's a woman and they grill her for the details of her sins.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• patio34
    patio34

Hear, hear! That's a great idea, Simon.

Also, i can fantasize saying, 'here's my attorney, and here is a reporter from the Los Angeles Times who is interested in this also.'

And, I forget now, can the proceeding be tape recorded? Why wouldn't it, they're not a court or anything. Bunch of 'kangaroo-courters!'

Happy New Year and all the other pagan holidays!!LOL!

Pat

"It's easier to put on slippers than to carpet the world." (from "Stuart Saves His Family")

• Simon
    Simon

Exactly ... why should they continue to get away with it?

Maybe they would think twice about inviting people for 'a little chat at the Kingdom Hall' if they weren't so sure who / how many were going to turn up!

"In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the Apostate Team"

• ISP
    ISP

Nice Idea, Simon. Crossed my mind also. Human rights declaration requires amongst other things...a public hearing...access to justice ie. representation...

So why not? Problem is that 'dubs in trouble' tend to get booted about and have no ideas until its too late!

How about...

Plea bargain.....(Hey Bro...I know you had her in the back of the car...but they have no video evidence and no 2 witnesses....I can get you off with a loose conduct grope call...with a private reproof...how about it?)

ISP

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Simon,you do know how to put a smile on an x-dubs face.That is funny man!I would love to show up for something like that!The last time I squared off with 3 of those bastards it wasn`t much of a fair fight,they could have used 6 more!..LOL...OUTLAW

• shecky2
    shecky2

i was just wondering, is one allowed to bring a lawyer to a judicial committee meeting?

• ISP
    ISP

'dozen rough-looking apostates '

The Dirty Dozen?

How long before Joelbear expresses his approval!

ISP

• Simon
    Simon

You can't take a lawyer or even a notepad shecky2 - it was all I could do to sneek two tape recorders in on mine

Yes, the big problem is that people aren't always aware that there are those that can help until it's too late.

Perhaps some could get together to help from time to time for those that do though?

• shecky2
    shecky2

what would happen if you insisted that no meeting would take place, unless someone else was present?

btw, simon can you send me my password for my normal shecky account. i seemed to have misplaced it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit